Highlighted
Patron

swype key

how do I set my phone up to swype key

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
Master

Re: swype key

Swype Keyboard is in closed beta and it is not available to download right now.

Master

Some manufacturers have OEM agreements with Swype to have hte application preinstalled on the device (like the Samsung Epic 4G). The EVO does not come preloaded with Swype. Currently the only legitimate way to install Swype is to sign up for the testing at the Swype website. Any other method of installing Swype is against Swype's terms and conditions and could potentially cause more issues.

Journeyman

I've been using SlideIT Keyboard from the app store and it works just great

Journeyman

swype key

So even though I have swpe pn my HCT Evo, I can't use it for texting?

GrandMaster

swype key

not really understanding your question but swype is just another way to text but you just slide your finger from one letter to the next to chose out the word youre looking for. most of the time it's quicker than trying to peck out the letters..and sometimes it pulls up random words that in my experience was ...uhm...not even close to what i was looking for (not putting the word it chose in here. which has never been used by myself which made it even funnier)

you can turn it off and on by pulling up a text convo and just hold your finger in the area that you put the text in. it will pull up text input. then chose swype or touch input

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

swype key

Here's my problem. I have the HTC Evo 4G and it comes with Swype on it. But I can't figure out how to enable it for texting or anything else. I can go into the Swype options and change them but there isn't anyway to enable it for actual use. Maybe if you know something I don't and can help me figure out how to turn it on so I can use it that would be great

Journeyman

swype key

Nevermind. I didn't see the rest of your message. Thank you so much for your help

GrandMaster

swype key

no prob.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

swype key

I just went to the Swype website, it's open for those who want it...

GrandMaster

swype key

swype website? it's already part of the OS on the evo. is it for additional updates or something?

Journeyman

The Evo Shift does not come with Swype, you have to sign up for the Beta and install it on your phone...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat