cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync facebook contacts NOT WORKING!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

sync facebook contacts NOT WORKING!!

force close is what i keep getting ... it says SORRY! the process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

i have been trying for 3 days now and even went into Sprint store again they have no clue!!

HELP!

I have over 2,000 friends ... why is that a problem!!

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: sync facebook contacts NOT WORKING!!

I'm having the exact same problem with approx 2,300 FB friends. I tried doing a device factory reset adding only my GMail and Facebook login info and had the error pop-up within a minute of reboot.

Finding message threads that this has been a problem with Android & HTC phones since March, shame on them AND Sprint for releasing the EVO without this fixed.

The EVO's big, pretty and fast... but I'm not convinced Android is better than webOS. My PRE's run every app I've thrown at it flawlessly. If HP is smart and aggressive in developing a tablet, netbook, notebook and letting other device developers use it... I won't be hard to win back. (They both already run circles around the iPhone, Palm's mistake was making the display too small on the PRE.)

Journeyman

1: Log into your facebook account from a computer

2: Edit your information. TAKE OUT your work and school information!!

3: Click save

There you go! Enjoy!!!

This worked for me. Let me know if it works for you as well!

Journeyman

I tried those instructions for facebook and had no success..hmm. That didn't even make sense why that would even work..I dunno, if anyone knows what could possibly fix this process error deal please let us know. Truely appreciate anyones imput. No need to feel like its the end of the world, but it is a little annoying. I am also wondering if anyone has found a fix for all the running apps with the 2.2 update. I kill them all with the task killer and them open back up. I tried using the running services app but still had the same results.

As for everything else on the EVO and the 2.2.. It is outstanding! I  love it. I am an ex-iphone user and still feel it was an excellent  switch..sure apple makes great product with its simple layout but the  customization is endless on the evo and has a lot more options for free  apps best HTC phone owned by far.
Journeyman

A while ago, I had this problem too. This is what I did. First, uninstall FB from your phone. Next log into a computer, and under "account" click application settings, look at the apps that are authorized. Click the X on the right for Facebook for Android and HTC Sense to get rid of them. Then take your phone and hit Menu > Settings > Account & sync > Add account > Facebook for HTC Sense. Enter your username and password, and cross your fingers. If this doesn't work, repeat the steps but instead of uninstalling FB from your phone try to update the app first and see if that solves it. It took some trial and error, but eventually I got it working.

As far as running task killers go, don't use em. Period. They can damage your phone and they only cause a placebo effect anyway - unless you have an app that's misbehaving. Task Killers used to be needed on phones that had limited amounts of space/ram. Task Managers were absolutely needed in the past before the new services  UI came out in Android 2.0 or 2.1. They had a niche of allowing users to quickly kill services associated with apps. Android automatically closes apps if the phone requires RAM or if that app remains inactive too long. Constantly killing tasks, apps, and processes is not in the best  interest of your phone. Android already has the natural ability to do  this effectively, so let the phone do its job. Check out SystemPanelLite or Android System Info on the Market if you want to see what your phone is doing. Also, if you find that your phone really is sluggish, try cleaning the cache in your apps especially your browser.

Journeyman

That didn't work for you? Did you try syncing your contacts after doing it? It worked fine for me. Not sure why the education and employment is making it so Facebook doesn't sync but it does. I called Sprint before posting this and they connected me with HTC and they are the ones that told me how to do it. Try going into your contacts, go to the globe (3rd icon) click Facebook and see if any contacts show up in there. It took a few hours for all of my contacts to show but they are all there.

Journeyman

Also, do you have the updated Facebook app? If so, open the app, hit menu, settings, scroll all the way down to "Sync Contacts". There you have the option to Sync all, Sync with existing contacts or Don't sync.

Journeyman

this is what worked for me. go online from a computer log on to facebook and i had to turn off my accept applications in the settings i had my facebook set up so all the apps couldnt connect. i changed the setting and tried to sync and it worked np hope it helped

Journeyman

I have been having problems getting Facebook to Sync my new FB contacts and update old FB contacts pictures etc (since October 2010).

I think I found an easy way to force it to re-sync (and really do it - because using the "Accounts and Sync" thing, don't work)

You have to Logout of Facebook HTC Sence and Login again.

Of course there is no intuitive or easy way to do this, because there is no shortcut for HTC Sense on the phone.

So, what I did was -

1) Clear the Data out of Facebook for HTC Sense (under Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, FB for HTC Sense),

2) Then Upload a picture to FB, but choose Facebook for HTC Sence (not Facebook).

3) It should prompt you to enter your Login Info, even though it looks like it is already logged in.

4) Just Logout and Login again (re-enter your email and password).

5) Then all your contacts will sync (you'll notice the sync icon will be active longer than it was in the past).

Hope that helps!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat