cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering contacts to new evo phone

Journeyman

transfering contacts to new evo phone

can anyone help me in transfering my contacts to my new evo phone................ i have been to 2 sprint stores and NO ONE knows anything? how is this possible, you buy a phone for 500 dollars its all over the tv and news, its on back order for months and you finally get it and cant use it.  Sprint cant seem to even train employees on how to use it!!!!  Never mind that your contacts are your most imporant part of your phone!!!!!! And its not anywhere on the intrenet.........

Message was edited by: bathsheba88

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES
Master

Re: transfering contacts to new evo phone

The Sprint stores should of been able to transfer your contacts for you. What phone are you coming from? Do you have your contacts stored any place else besides your phone? If you can export your contacts to your PC in .csv format, You can sign into your gmail/google account on your PC, Import your contacts(.csv) and from your phone when you add your gmail account it will sync all your contacts over, Google calenders also will sync over.

Journeyman

Hi, I just took delivery of an EVO and was able to sync my contacts (all 1500) between the phone and Outlook 2007.  My only issue is that when I search for a contact the only option I have is to search by name.  I would prefer to search by "Organization".  I have been a blackberry user for the last 6 years so all I had to do is type in the contact name or business name and I got what I was looking for.  Is there an app. that will solve this issue, or am I just missing something?

Journeyman

The way that i transfered my contacts was over bluetooth.  The phone i came from was a Samsung M500 so just about any phone should be able to do it.

Journeyman

After trying a few things, I found that i can use Google Search for People to search my contacts like I use to on the Blackberry.

Journeyman

I have the instinct now and I'm trying to transfer my contacts via bluetooth, but it keeps failing. It should be simple right? When I called tech support they told me I have to go to the store, but I dont have even 5 minutes through the rest of the week to go before they close. I really want to use my phone!!!

Please help

Highlighted
Master

Since you cannot get them to transfer using bluetooth, Visiting a store would be easiest. But there is a way.

Once you deactivated your Instinct you lose access to "Sprints Mobile Sync" You could go to your account page and reactivate your Instinct,www.sprint.com/activate Log into Mobile Sync, Export your contacts(.csv)to yur PC, Take .csv and Import it to Google/Gmail. Go back to the activation area and reactivate your new Evo. Then once you add your google account to the Evo the contacts will sync over.

Journeyman

I'll try the csv, but dont know if it'll work right for me. I didnt bother activating the evo yet because i want everything set transfer first before hand. Any way that photos on the card can be moved too or am i just better off emailing myself and uploading from there?

Journeyman

Ok...last night i created the csv file of my contacts before i deactivated my phone so thats all ready. Now, you've said to upload it to my google account. The only way i thought to do that was to email myself the file however it wont let me click on the attachment through the phone. I'm starting to feel like an idiot because i'm not normally this technologically challenged! Can someone please tell me what to do like i'm a 5yr old? If i cant pick up on that, then i give.

thanks

Master

On your PC sign into your Gmail account, On the left hand side will be a link to "Contacts" Select it, On that page select "More Actions>Import" Browse to where on your PC you have the .csv file saved and select it, Then "Import"  OK, Now your contacts are on your gmail/google account.

Now on your phone go to, Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync>Select your Google/Gmail account>Select Sync Contacts>Sync Now. That's it, Your contacts should now start syncing to your phone.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.