here's both parts... and tell me what else you wanna see, specific apps or whatever. enjoy!
Message was edited by: nicholaaaas
Yes!!! Shows up just fine....
First, THANK YOU! for showing the big12sports website. If your not familiar with the website itself, it's a very difficult website for phones to load up. On my Instinct HD the website loaded in 30 seconds, but your EVO loaded it in a mere 9 seconds. Another perk is you loaded one of the videos on the website, which indeed shows Flash is on the phone ( my phone said " get flash " ) Very nice
Keep the videos comin...again, thanks, your making my decision a very easy one.
No problem. I asked what you wanted to see and you told me. It doesn't have flash... more so "flash lite" video's might load there... but on another website the video's ain't supported. when 2.2 is released... it should be better. hopefully we won't be waiting too long. The second part of the video is uploading now. it should be up soon
first off, thanks for taking the time to put these up. are you still as impressed with the phone now that you've had a few days with it? i am disappointed (and peeved) to see that there are non-viewable youtube videos. is that limited because it can't be viewed in HQ or not viewable at all to any mobile units? why not? agreed with you that this was something sprint touted as "premium experience" then to find this out in hand. plus, i'm not impressed with qik either, again, it's another premium experience touted by sprint. if it's not working well via wifi, will it work better in 4G?
i'd like to see if sprint provided other premium services with the phone. for example, sprint tv and radio. do you get more tv channels, any premium channels available as free? any pixelation? i pretty much gave up watching sprint tv on my phone. anything new with radio? better quality music/music videos?
how's pandora through the headphone jack (speaking from an instinct owner, can you guess?)
thanks for doing this.
iI'm gonna have to get asphalt 5 now lol. With QIK it didn't seem as much the phone itself's fault but more the web service because it did upload and appear just didn't play. may be like when you upload a youtube video and it still has to process? even though it should be pretty much instant. you have done a great job. I'm getting the evo no matter what but i too would like to know your thoughts, surprises and disappointments in this phone. when you put in your new sd card did it have to do anything special or did it just see it and format it right then?
I saw another video here : http://www.evo4gsmartphone.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=view&catid=4&id=3277 , that shows the phone having Android 2.2
Can you verify?
1. Am I still impressed with the phone now that I've had it a few days. No... as hypped as we all are about it I expected it to run off telepethy. No it all seriousness... yes. But, 4g has not be very impressive for me yet. And the battery can't handle the phone. They seriously need to double it's capacity.
2. The youtube vidoes that didn't play appear to be blocked from viewing on any mobile phones. i just checked from the internet browser and they are blocked there too... so it probably isn't sprint's fault.
3. The problems with qik were mostly from my wired connecting acting up at the time. I've seen it befroe damn near real time. it's a neat idea. i'll play with that some more.
4. I never had sprint tv before... always had nextels... so i don't know it if there's anything extra. I hardly ever use pandora so i can't really comment on it.
5. My phone is running 2.1... it looks like 2.2 on the evo hasn't gotten all the features (front facing cam, 4g working yet... i'll wait)
6. When I put the 16gb sd card no formatting icon came up. usually they can preformatted for fat32 anyway... so they're pretty much plug and play
all good to know. that's terrible about the battery life, such a shame there.guess I'll be getting a car charger and workin on a battery lol
hey, thanks. it's always good to hear from real users and not professional reviewers who get to play with new phones every other day, or paid reviewers from the provider(s) to hype their phone/services.
i know the evo will definitely run things smoother than my current phone with it's processor and memory, and that screen...gotta like it.
what's the native browser that comes with the phone? do you plan to use any other browser?
my current phone is the instinct (the iphone killer...not), and one of the big sell was live tv, but quickly became a disappointment because it lagged and pixellated. then sprint started to remove chanels and place some on the xtra list for extra cost. so, that's why i was wondering if sprint gave some channels back to the evo and if they work better also. here are some of the current notible free channels on my current phone:
live: disney, abc news, abc mobile
on demand: disney, the weather channel, nbc news mobile, fox mobile, usa, mobile by bravo, access hollywood, syfy, speed, nascar, abc mobile, abc news, nbc sports, et to go, free music channel
the native browser is chrome... i'm probably gonna stick with that. i might try out firefox. looks like there might be a couple more channels on sprint tv... they might just be previews thou