cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will froyo 2.2 update be available for Evo?

Highlighted
Journeyman

when will froyo 2.2 update be available for Evo?

When will the Froyo 2.2 update be available for the Evo?

Ok I got it Monday night. Was as big of a change as I thought. But it did speed some things up. A friend of mine tried to update his today and his phone say's there are no updates at this time. That's weird. And he's sure he still has 2.1

Message was edited by: jrendeluk

Message was edited by: jrendeluk

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

**shakes head** you can't be serious

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why you shaking your head. Thought they might know something. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's been asked about 100 times in this forum.  Won't take much searching to turn up that absolutely no one around here knows when it's going to be available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i think it's time for a rules sticky up in here

Highlighted
Journeyman

SO  dunno if this will pan out but....

http://blodic.us/technology/evo-4g-s-android-2-2-update-starts-trickling-out-tomorrow-loads-of-new-features-and-fixes-in-store-10-0.htm

Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

Word is that Froyo will be available for the EVO beginning Aug. 3rd. The upgrade will be pushed OTA for the next few weeks, but you might be able to get it sooner (after Aug. 3rd) by going to your home screen > menu > settings > system updates > HTC software update.

Message was edited by: okpadrefan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone who wants to update early can use this link to flash it manually. It may not be the final release according to HTC, but it works great. I got the update.zip directly from HTC's servers before they took the update down. So far, the Market isn't showing copy-protected apps, but that's a Google side problem, so it will be fixed in the next couple of days.

http://www.google.com/buzz/superlinkx/e4koy2G6j2E/Anyone-looking-for-the-leaked-Froyo-Rom-for-the

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat