cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi auto activating

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: wifi auto activating

the only time this will be a good thing is when it turns on the wifi for you. running on wifi is actually better for battery life than 3G or 4G. its also a good deal for those that DO run wifi at home or work and forget to shut it down when they leave..the automatic connections or "connections optimizer" will then take over and only randomly check for a new  connection every half hour or so. if i remember right it also goes by location. i dont run it personally...but this is due to me always being on top of my connections..i only have a couple places i run wifi at...and have no 4G at all...so its pretty simple for me..

boiled down...no..there isnt a bug..yes...wifi is actually good for your phone and its battery life..4G on the other hand not as nice for battery life..usually.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Agree, and that makes sense.  Thanks for your tip regarding the SW upgrade that allows me to disable the fixed apps on the device.  Went in and did so.  Am now thinking that I will leave auto-connect on, but only for wifi.  I deleted all of the "remembered" spots except for my home wifi so will see if this works like you described.  Thanks for advice.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

The optimizer is at least on my phone, not reliable.  Tried it on several different occasions, allowing it time to learn.  Doesn't work, doesn't turn on  when at rembered locations, and when it did, because it never turned off when leaving a remembered location.  Turned off, will leave it off.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah mine finally started doing what it was supposed to do...i DID however notice a lil less battery life compared to when im in full control of it..so i to have it switched off...then again im much more on top of wifi and such...and dont have to check every half hour or so to see if i have a connection or not..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Doesn't work, Sprint needs to revisit their app design, sucks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat