cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would sprint be able to replace my phone?? im having some issues with it!

Journeyman

I've had my EVO 4g since September, I live my phone but its having some issues and its begining to be a pain for me!

Here's the issues its having:

1. It will resend messages to people from days or even weeks ago when it fully dies or reboots

2. It reboots on itself, does it once in a while though

3. It would freeze up when I would try to open up an app or message.

I've reset the phone a couple times also I've uninstalled apps and everything. I did the software update too. I'm not sure what to do. I have insurance on it too. I was wondering if Sprint would be able to replace the phone or should I call the insurance people and see what they can do.

Any suggestions or opinions?

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Aliciaa75,

I'm sorry you have been having issues with your phone. The best thing to do is take it into a repair location so we can try to fix the device. Sounds like you have insurance on your device, we do have options available for repair or possible replacement. I will include a link for the store locator. Would you like for me to create an appointment for you?

www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Journeyman

I would be going to southland mall in Taylor michigan this Saturday and I was seeing if they could check it out or help me with it and ,see the options I have

Journeyman

I have a lot of free space still. Also I do have lookout security app and advanced task killer on my phone. But its done this before I even downloaded them apps too so I'm not sure what else to do about it.

GrandMaster

any advanced task killer ATK is considered bad on any phone with android 2.1 and up. especially with 2.3 which your phone should have. it has a task killer already in it. basically the atk and the one already in the phone will battle each other. a while back i was told that lookout was bad. the phone itself alredy does alot of the things lookout does. so again it puts double the work on your phone. when opening apps and the phone locked up or froze..were they specific apps or all of them? also when you say reset the phone. was it a factory reset(which wipes every thing from the phone and puts it back to stock when you first purchased it)?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat