cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yahoo messanger app

GrandMaster

yahoo messanger app

anyone using yahoo messanger. do me a favor. make sure your logged out, then go into running applications and see if its still  running in there. i havent used it in like a month and sure enough every time i reboot my phone its in there running. went and checked and im not even logged in. yet its still there running. force stopping it fixes it for a while until you reboot/restart your phone. then its there yet again. havent noticed anyone posting about it on the app market so dunno if its just my phone or if no one has really noticed it. will probably uninstall it and reinstall it and see if that fixes it or not in a few days once i get some feedback from either the dev or people in here.

either way thanks

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
6 REPLIES 6
Master

yahoo messanger app

Is that App(Yahoo Messenger ) you downloaded from the Market or that was a default app?. I would say uninstall and re-install the app and check. let me know.

Thanks.

GrandMaster

yahoo messanger app

the one downloaded from the market. didnt know we had a default messanger app. i think its more of a app issue than anything. now that i think about it, i noticed it before but had to do a FR..then reloaded the app back. just didnt pay much attention to it until recently. i'll keep you guys informed either way. if nothing gets figured out i might just uninstall it for good. if its running in the background constantly i'll most likely get more battey life once its gone. kinda weird that GB isnt shutting it down since its not being used yet it will shut down sense lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

yahoo messanger app

Before you do Factory Reset, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install the app and check if that fix the issue.

GrandMaster

yahoo messanger app

oh i didnt plan on doing another FR anytime soon unless i get hit with the memory loss problem again lol. im going to do the reinstall later today when i have more time. i'll let you know how it works out.

Journeyman

yahoo messanger app

Yahoo did that to me as well.  I think it may be the way the app is developed.  I've downloaded a number of apps that I "kill" because I'm not using them and then 30 minutes later they are alive and well sucking up memory and battery life.  It got kind of irritating so I just uninstalled it.  If anyone on my buddy list needs to talk to me that bad they should have my number and can call/text me. 

GrandMaster

yahoo messanger app

the only time it would start back up for me was when i restarted or booted the phone. aside from that once i force closed it, it would stay gone. i havent really took the time to see how much my battery improved since its gone yet. another app is killing off my battery now (drag racing)...probably cuz i wont stop playing it lol.

weird part is i go into the running apps section here and there and never noticed yahoo in there until one of the last updates it had.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat