Did you mean: 

1/19 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 2.12.651.5

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 2.12.651.5

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Security Update

- Updated Peep client (to align with Twitter)

- Updated Sprint Zone client

- Battery life improvements

- 3LM Enterprise Tool Access (no user interface changes)

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.12.651.5

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/19 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/24

- Refer to the HTC EVO Design 4G Software Updates blog install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

I just got this update pushed but before I install it I need to know if the security updates include anything that could disrupt my use of the phone's GPS.  I have friends with more advanced versions of Android who report that when their data is encrypted, they can't use the GPS.  I don't have that problem with my current version of Android (2.3.3) and want to make sure I don't get it if I accept the upgrade.

Thank you!

Journeyman

Re: 1/19 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 2.12.651.5

Based on my experience with an ICS update on my GS2E4GT and the EVO Design 4G, if you are happy with the way your phone currently functions, then *don't* accept any updates of the software.

Journeyman

Spam

Master

montana711

Hey there! Did you have any questions or concerns? I would be happy to assist you any way I can.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.