HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 2.12.651.5
- Security Update
- Updated Peep client (to align with Twitter)
- Updated Sprint Zone client
- Battery life improvements
- 3LM Enterprise Tool Access (no user interface changes)
- The new software version is: 2.12.651.5
- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/19 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/24
- Refer to the HTC EVO Design 4G Software Updates blog install instructions
- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,
check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device
I just got this update pushed but before I install it I need to know if the security updates include anything that could disrupt my use of the phone's GPS. I have friends with more advanced versions of Android who report that when their data is encrypted, they can't use the GPS. I don't have that problem with my current version of Android (2.3.3) and want to make sure I don't get it if I accept the upgrade.
Based on my experience with an ICS update on my GS2E4GT and the EVO Design 4G, if you are happy with the way your phone currently functions, then *don't* accept any updates of the software.