cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G suddenly cycling on/off

Journeyman

4G suddenly cycling on/off

My phone has had working 4G for months, now suddenly it does not connect.  3G is fine.  It has additionally become laggy and slow in the last week.  I don't know if the two problems are related.  4G will turn on then off over and over until my phone is hot and the battery is flat.  Sometimes it detects the Sprint network and then turns off, but most of the time it doesn't even get that far before turning off again.  Any ideas why it is doing this?  I have installed some new apps since then, but have not updated the system software.

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: 4G suddenly cycling on/off

BTDAKE,

Thanks for the post.

What model phone do you have? Have you tried power cycling the device to see if that helps at all? I would like to check your area if you would provide a ZIP code. If you are in a pre-launch 4G LTE market there may be some work still being done on the towers. I can check and see what the story is. Beyond that I would be happy to troubleshoot further if that doesn't solve the concern.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

Re: 4G suddenly cycling on/off

Hi Chris,

As the forum and post says, HTC Evo Design 4g and it has been working well for months.  It is not a tower problem as this happens in multiple zip codes, all of which worked fine last week.

I have power cycled the phone multiple times.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat