Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

110 REPLIES
Master

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

montana711,

Hello, do you need assistance with anything? I am here to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Errors

Journeyman

THe 4.02 update was essentially useless..

Well, I hope that helps. Personally, I'm not very optimistic about it at this point. I'm curious just what specific issues have been "addressed" this time. And now, we wait.

Journeyman

I know, I know!  but would be nice to hear that they have the 4.0.4 update from htc and are working on that version for release.  after so much corporate speak from htc in forum conversations one of the moderators finally finally admitted that 4.0.4 was released to sprint.

Journeyman

I wouldn't be holding my breath too long...

Journeyman

ok, have asked elsewhere with no answer so... htc says 4.0.4 has been released to the carriers and ive seen this ics version on other phones.  SPRINT,  when will you release this update for the evo design 4g?

I can understand what you're saying. I've tried every single thing that has been posted in this thread multiple times, deleted apps, ran virus scanners, and add-on detectors all to lackluster results. My D4G is now back to the same old "tricks" it was doing after the ICS update. Now even videos lag and don't respond to input. It freezes at random, too. I'm seriously considering going to another provider with a different phone now. I'd hate to leave Sprint after all this time, but I can't shell out 600 bucks for another device right now, and ICS has completely ruined what was once a really good smartphone. And I still haven't gotten any help from HTC, Google, or Microsoft. Best wishes, everyone.

Journeyman

Why be satisfied when there are better devices out there.  Now that I have switched to another carrier I have a Droid 4 - not even the newest phone - with all the apps I want - and it's much faster.  And it does have (Non-)Sense crashing all the time either because there is Sense to crash!  The only thing I miss about Sense is the animated whether on the home page!

Journeyman

i'm pretty satisfied with the performance gain since my wipe partition cache...too, i think we have to remember its just a single core.  be aware of widgets and their interactions, get rid of excess home screens, wipe caches frequently (i just restart) from histories.