cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Highlighted

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Hi, RC1024. This has happened at random. Even during periods of inactivity, when I haven't touched my D4G for hours. It seems to have stopped for now, but the connection issues still prevail. It says that I have no signal or connection often, even when I'm right next to a WiFi hotspot. It hasn't been dropping calls, though.

I'm with you there, Jojo. My D4G is basically hemorrhaging battery power now. I used to get hours more use than I do now, running the same apps and settings.Even when it's sitting and I don't screw with it. And I don't like the fact that there's no single button for power save mode now. Unless it's there and I've missed it?

Okay, this just keeps getting worse. I can no longer connect to my WiFi. The D4G will acknowledge it, but will not connect. No matter how many times I reset, forget and rescan, and enter the password, it will not connect. This has been the only way I've used my D4G since I got a few months ago because the 3G service is crappy here. It's been even worse lately, despite two Sprint representatives telling me that the company was "working on and improving the service specifically in my area", and that I'd be seeing the results of said "improvements" in just a few months time. This was back when I still had my Hero. The phone had been doing spectacularly with the WiFi. All until this damned update. Before this happenend, I noticed the pages were blurry in areas and slow to load. And windows that I'd closed would reappear whenever I'd leave and restart the browser. Not to mention blank pages that were not blank a day before, or even minutes before. I've never had such a bad experience with a smart[hone before, or with any other Android software update before. This is really discouraging. Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas?

Sprint Employee

Hello K8offsuit, which make/model of car stereo do you have (or car if using stock radio)? First, turn off visibility, after you turn on Bluetooth on phone, then car go in phone to menu > settings > Bluetooth settings. Tap on the settings icon for car stereo’s entry Which items are listed, and which ones are checked?

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Hello inconsolable_me, which security settings are in use on the WiFi access point that you're trying to connect to? have you tried anything like clearing you cache, or a factory restore? for battery life have you chacked all applicable settings?

Journeyman

Hi. Thank you for asking about my issue. I have a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer with the stock stereo.

In the settings menu, I have

Rename

Unpair

Phone audio (checked)

Media audio  (checked)

Journeyman

I agree completely. Factory reset, minimal app installs, and the web browser(s) are terrible. Battery life is worse. Camera app now has sub menu for video, no more sleep button on Clock, the list goes on.

I tried resetting, RC1024. No dice. But I did solve the problem. It was a new router, and the phone didn't like the security on it. I had to modify the router settings, but the D4G eventually accepted. Oddly enough, the XBox 360 never had a problem with it. Picked the connection up and connected fine. But a new problem has surfaced. I recently found out that some of my media (that seemed to be missing before) is now currupted. Mind you, this is media that I'd used just before the update. Literally minutes before. I'm really pissed about the music, though. I bought those songs, and now I'm out at least 30 or 40 dollars of music. Not cool. I can't download it again for free, and it just so happens that at that time I was between computers as my old one was broken, and I hadn't gotten the new one yet to backup my files. One more little thing, whenever I use numbers with the keyboard, it adds extra ones when I switch between number and letter modes. No clue what's causing that. It's almost like every day is a new surprise with this phone now.

Sprint Employee

Which security type, and version of WiFi are in use, and did you have in use before? Where did you purchase the music from? Which keyboard do you use?

Sprint Employee

Hello K8offsuit, If you've already deleted the pairing from your car, and the phone has undergone a factory restore, then it may be a change in the way that the Android music player and or the AVRCP (bluetooth audio/video remote control protocol) is handled as a background process. a couple of ways you can determine the root cause would be first. try selecting a song within a couple of minutes before connecting to you car, if this still does not allow autoplay try downloading Winamp for android. Please let me know how things go.

Journeyman

I tried your suggestions. They did not change anything. I tried Winamp and Poweramp. I also started playing a song before turning the car on, both with the bluetooth already turned on, and turning the bluetooth AFTER the song was playing. Neither changed my result. I still have to cycle the bluetooth off and on to get it to connect.

Further, if I take a phone call while the bluetooth is active, whatever audio application is currently running loses whatever data was playing, and I have to either reset the phone, or go in and kill the application. (Usually Stitcher, but also the stock music app). Because of this, I haven't been using the bluetooth to take calls...

Pretty frustrating, especially since talking on a hand-held phone while driving is illegal where I am.

Also, since my first posting, I have taken my phone into a repair center, and they have performed a zero-out reset. My problems persist...

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  When I contacted Sprint recently and told them since the update my phone freezes, lags and touch not as sensitiveabout this they replied "there is no known issue which causes the phone to freeze.  Hello.... Sprint, it does more than just freeze don't you read your messages?  I replied that I suggest they read their forums and see other customers are having the same problem and get it fixed!   good luck

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat