cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Journeyman

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Quite the update. Everything is glitchy and takes forever to load and when you go back to home it takes a long time for it to load so that you can do something else. HTC should have done a better job testing and fixing before putting it out to the public. Always better to have a product that works and people are happy with, even if they had a to wait to get it than to put something out in a hurry that no one is happy with. That's just common sense.

Has anyone gone to a Sprint store or service shop for technical help / replacement? What did they do?

Sprint Employee

K8offsuit, were you in a Service & Repair, or a sales center? and do you know if it is a Sprint owned/operated location, or one ran by an authorized third party?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Since getting this update, some programs are slower to load, noticebly Handcent. Also, I can't seem to get Dolphin to be my default browser. I lost the ability to have the screen stay on when charging, which was enabled in Power settings before.

Sprint Employee

Hello GUY8G65, in settings > Developer options I think you may be able to find  Stay awake to prevent the screen from going off while connected to a charging source. Handcent, like the native messaging app may seem slower because the way the filesystem is layed out. Did you email the handcent team yet to see if they had any reports of this? Settings > App associations allows one to select an alternate browser as the default when a URL is opened, I have no way to determine which browsers will be listed.

Journeyman

Thanks RC1024,  problem solved...

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'm glad that has helped. Welcome to our Community.

Journeyman

Yes I went to the store and was told I had to do a factory reset which is unacceptable. This update is horrible everything is slower and I can not sync my goggle contacts since I installed the update.

Journeyman

hey dazzled,  not sure why factory reset is unacceptable... its fairly painless yet time well spent, and there are apps to help with backing up bookmarks which aren't recoverable.  contacts, apps, will still be there after the reset (every app you've downloaded or paid for from the play store is listed,  just need to install again,  do app backup for apk's not from the play store).  i know there are issues with this update but am liking the new stuff and makes sense, haha, that integration is more complete with a reset. at least pull the battery and update profile and prl.

Journeyman

I did a reset when I upgraded to ICS, but unfortunately it hasn't made a difference with regards to how slow the phone is now. If I am switching between browsing, gmail, messages and music there is noticeable lag bringing each up -- even things like volume control, I can move by 3 notches before the UI even displays the volume bar. What's most worrisome is how this affects making phone calls -- click on dialler, 5-10s delay before I can even start the call.

Journeyman

It's an actual Sprint Repair Center store. In fact, it's the only one I've gone to for several years. After another visit, they are replacing the phone. It took 3 chat sessions, three phone calls, and three visits to the store, not including when I go pick up the replacement. All told about ten hours wasted. I'm not pleased, ESPECIALLY since the other Evo Design 4G on my accoount has exhibited similar problems.

Now I'm presented with a choice: Waste another ten hours, or jump ship? (Been out of contract for a while) I have enjoyed being with sprint for about ten years now, but not sure I'm sticking around. I already pay an extra $240 year for 4G service, even though I don't live or work in a 4G area. I need to add two more lines, plus upgrade, and they'll most like be 4G smartphones, plus coupled with this mess... Not sure I want to stay.

Journeyman

I cant even find battery saver on my phone anymore. I know the one button is not there for it but now i dont see it on my phone at all.

Sprint Employee

Which reset did you complete when you had updated?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat