cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Journeyman

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Lost music, video and pictures after upgrading to 4.0 on EVO 3D.  Help!  Is there a fix?

Journeyman

I didn't lose my music or anything else, so far, but I cant get into my text messages since the update this morning. I get messages and I see the notification, then nothing. I go to open it and it hangs on the loading wheel. Hopefully there is a fix to this or something, I don't pay money every month to have a half usable phone.

Journeyman

hey,  initially lost?  my gallery folders as well.  did a restart that brought them back though.   I've since done a factory reset which has not helped me as much as some other ppl.  update your profile and prl.  have had more issues with the browser.  gonna try chrome for kicks...

Journeyman

i agree with your post...  like that the phone does its correction thing (red underscore to add to dictionary)  while using sw3,,,but no lag in predictions.   even after a factory reset lag between operations is noticeable and gmail achingly slow to render.  but love the horizontal swipe to view other msgs.  most annoying lag is switching between portrait and landscape modes,  horribly slow!

Back for an update. For those of you who are missing media, have you reset your D4G? I did 2 restarts to no avail, then I turned it off and left it alone for a while. Did the trick for my media. It was never missing from my SD card, the D4G just wouldn't acknowledge it for some unknown reason. The other problems persist, though. Clunky action, and slow. Everything. This phone used to be so fast, and now... It's almost as slow as my 10 year old Compaq. And that's when it reacts. It seems not to respond to my touch sometimes. And I have to go back through everything and reset all of my preferences so that the software doesn't screw with some of my apps. A bit tedious, but it's no big deal. I don't care for the new look of things, either. The various screens look a bit austere to me now. I'll continue to post updates and check back for any tips. Best wishes, everyone.

Journeyman

Thanks, got the folders now. I have lost my pictures, music & downloaded ringtones, though. I took out the battery and SD card per tech support instructions. Photos returned for a while and then disappeared again. I don't want to do a factory reset, I'm afraid that will eliminate any chance of getting my photos back, there are a few that I'm not sure had been backed up yet.

Journeyman

This is just awful. I'm am extremely upset. I can't even open my messages. I get a loading screen for about three and a half minutes, then it just goes back to the previous screen. I can't watch YouTube videos, and the browser is blurry and just all around gross looking. Its slow,  inconvenient, and I am NOT happy. This has been the BEST phone I have ever had, and I just want the previous version back. PLEASE fix this.

Journeyman

Your 'fix' worked for me. I powered down/up twice and music came back first, then pics/videos came back the second time. Everything else seems to be OK. Go figure. Still nosing around checking things out.  Seems to be as fast as before to me.  Again....thanks for your help/reply.  

Journeyman

I hate the update as well.  We should be allowed to see what the upgrades consist of before we're forced to do them.  I would give anything to go back to the one prior to this.  My screen only "dims" now and does not actually shut off!!  Therefore my battery usage is going to suck from now on.  I may upgrade to another phone instead.  I'd prefer to get something new that I know about beforehand, and then ignore the upgrades.

Journeyman

Since I upgraded I can't clear my notifications. I used to be able to touch the button 2nd to the left on the bottom of the phone, then go to notifications, then check them or clear all notifications. Where did this go???

Journeyman

At first i like the new design. Then i open apps they a slow the browser is blurry and slow. It is worst not faster and new. I lost my music and pictures so i removed my sd card and good thing they still there. I read the reviews and tried the suggestions. FIRST I pushed restart that didnt work. Then i turned it off and waited 5 min..still didnt work.. then i pulled the battery.. nope not working...THEN FINNALLY  I updated my profile (in settings) then i updated the PRL and that worked so far.. there are still lots of bugs like force closes and slow openings.. I told my kids who have the exact same phone DO NOT UPDATE yet.

Journeyman

Anyone successfully downgrade an Evo D4G yet without unlocking?  Can you decline the update? 

Post update, my business apps crashed so often I could not use them.  I agree the UI is definitely sluggish compared with the old one - Sense 3.6 was not updated and may not be optimized for Android 4.03.  Little pont in ICS with old Sense.  Music recovered itself after a reboot, no other problems observed, everything else works.

But at the end of the day the apps this device was purchased to run no longer operate after several hours of frustration.   That makes it a brick, so it in off and on the shelf.  I activated my old phone so I have a reliable tool.   I'll give the D4G another try in a few days.  Where Sprint support told me there was no way to go back, Sprint activation told me I could revert to the original OS by Settings --> Storage --> Factory data reset (which would wipe the phone).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat