cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Sprint Employee

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Hello SFAnnie, and inconsolable_me. After I has updated my Evo 3D to ICS my SD card's media would not show in music, or gallery briefly. has this happed more than a couple of times, not near a time where you had powered the phone off, or connected the USB cable?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

This sucks COMPLETE ass. I have texts that I need to get for work, and I can't get them because of this dumb-ass update! I can not get to my texts messages. They show up in notifications, but no full conversations/histories. Not only for the ones that I know have a long history, but also for the shorter ones. This is ridiculous!!!! I feel like skeet-shooting with this phone!!!!!

Journeyman

It is no fun when something new and wonderful turns into a problem.   But I am over my problems and liking the upgrade.  True, Sprint didn't inform customers this might go bad and have undesirable consequences including bricking our phones.   Here is what I did:

1 - Got a patch from IBM on my business apps, they now don't crash (Sprint could have advised people to check your apps for ICS compatability before updating).

2 - Did a Factory Data Reset.  Yes, this wiped my phone, but afterwards media (music and videos) were properly indexed and although a little slower, the system runs plenty fast for me.  (Sprint really should have advised people that a factory reset and full reconfiguration may be required.

None of the Android experts I talked with thought an upgrade in place (without restoring factory defaults) was a good idea.  The Android hacks who use custom ROMs always start clean.  The types of glitches people are having should be expected with Android upgrades without a reset.  I'm curious if others have problems after wiping/resetting their phones.  Please don't blame me if you reset now and loose all your data and apps - you will, be warned.   

Remember we bought a single core processor phone when faster units were on the market.  I made sure I had a list of apps and didn't wipe the memory card.  After two hours of configuration, I've got a cooler phone than before the upgrade.  I still have unlimited data and GSM service when out of the US.

The thing I'm watching now is battery life.  The Sprint build doesn't seem to be improved from my experience yet (with only two power cycles to judge) - running about the same.  It will take some tuning.        

Journeyman

If this is a update let me update my pc windows7 to Windows95!!! Smiley Sad  This update if u can call it that is really bad! My phone is slow it gets hot and the look and feel of functions look outdated instead of updated. I'm really disappointed with  this phone now.Smiley Sad

Sprint Employee

Hello Honey_PLEASE, if you still cannot see the SMS/MMS messages you may want to consider using SMS backup + from the play store to back them up to your gmail account.

Sprint Employee

Hello your-name-here, I did not reset my Evo 3D when the ICS update launched, I usually do not do a factory reset since most updates for our phones are designed to leave custom data intact. It does open a can of worms for possible problems, but leaves the majority happier since they didn’t have to reset.

Journeyman

ok, so as previously mentioned, this update SUCKS! i have read all the comments, and in addition to problems with lag, missing music, photos, and videos, there is one HUGE resounding issue. EVERY TIME I HIT "HOME" KEY, THE DANG HTC SCREEN COMES UP FOLLOWED BY A LOADING SCREEN. it takes like 2 minutes to exit out of anything cause of these two screens. i hate this update.

this is my first smartphone. and it was fantastic until now. all of a sudden it is slower than **** rolling down a hill on a cold day.

sprint, fix this issue or lose a customer.

Journeyman

I have an Evo Design with a very specific problem after the upgrade to ICS. (Note - I performed a factory data reset both before and after installing the update.) In my car, I use my phone to stream audio from the built-in music app, as well as podcasts via Stitcher.

-Prior to the update, when I turned off the ignition, whatever I was playing stopped. When I got back into my car, after a minute, the car re-established the bluetooth connection, and resumed playing whatever I was last listening to.

-After the update, when I get into my car, the phone connects to bluetooth, so I can use the PHONE part. But in order for the MUSIC part to connect, I have to turn the phone's bluetooth off and then back on again, sometimes several times. Even after I get it to connect, I have to go back into whatever app I want and start playback.

Things I've tried-

- factory data reset

- deleting ALL of the car's bluetooth settings and repairing

- The Bluetooth Keepalive app. ($1.35 and no help)

- changing the visibilty timeout to "never"

I'm pulling my hair out over this (relatively) minor annoyance. Can you guys help me?

Journeyman

Thanks for the advice. I removed my SD card and did the factory reset. My phone is moving much, much faster than before. Still reinstalling apps but the keyboard functions faster, apps open quicker, including messaging. It seems to be better.

Journeyman

ok, after a 2nd factory reset...  and some sd card maintenance...  and updating the profile and prl... and signing into all my apps making sure they're behaving with ics...  clearing caches, passwords, cookies...   FINALLY!   this phone behaving in a respectable manner.

Journeyman

The upgrade makes the phone virtually worthless. Power consumption is through the roof! Applications are slow, crash, and lag. This needs to be corrected by Sprint and HTC right away!

Journeyman

Improved battery life? Ha! That's a joke. I had to download a third party battery saver to manage my battery life. Before the update, I used to have to charge it at night and sometime during the day. Now, the phone would die within about 3 hours if it was unplugged from the charger without using the battery saver...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat