cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Sprint Employee

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Hello K8offsuit, I’m sorry that you’ve had trouble, was the store able to determine that the problems that you’ve had connecting to your phone over bluetooth from your Lancer specific to your handset? I can’t do much testing from here because I do not have access to an Evo Design 4G, or a Mitsubishi Lancer. Please let me know if you feel I can help.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

If you feel your battery life is too short you may want to try Juice defender.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I've found that most laggy issues on my design are occurring due to application widgets that are refreshing/reloading with every screen selection/swipe.   Feedback from an app developer says its an ics issue and is working on a fix.   Can't wait!  I only use 2 widgets but both can be seen refreshing, and thus halting other operations.

Well RC1024, I use WPA2 on an N band wireless router. I had the same setup before but on a G band router and with a different password. Same location, same settings. This one is better detected by my devices and has longer range and upgraded speed. The connection is more stable, as well. But, I expected about as much. The music came mostly from Amazon's MP3 app on my D4G, and the Hero I had prior to it. Also, I put on some songs from my PC. I didn't care for the pre-installed Swype, so I installed ShapeWriter to it. I also use Symbols Keyboard Pro on occasion. I hope that answers your questions. Best wishes.

Journeyman

It's been two months and the lag on the phone since the update is starting to make me crazy. It can take up to 30 seconds to open my messages, address book, email, etc....The phone used to open to the screen with the clock on it and now no matter what order I arrange the screens,it only opens to one screen.....

Back again. Lag is intermittent on my D4G. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, sometimes it can take 10 or 15 seconds. Sometimes more. And I notice once in a while that it doesn't acknowledge my inputs. What's worse though, is that I can no longer connect my phone to my PC. I haven't since the update, and I'm really just sick of it. I had no problems with my old Windows XP Home PC and this device, but the new one running Windows 7 will not allow me to connect. It will recognize that I have plugged something into the USB port, but I can only charge it. I can change the connection type on my phone, but it has no effect whatsoever. I find this highly frustrating since I used to do this all the time to sync music and photos between my PC and phone. Is anyone else still having this problem?

Journeyman

I just stumbled on this thread here, I have partially fixed the slowness issue (at least on my D4G), and wanted to share my tips.

-Go into Developer Options under Settings, and for Window and Transition Animation Scale, select Animation Off.

-Under Background Process Limit, choose At most 2 processes,

-Run a task killer (I use Advanced Task Killer) to auto kill Safe tasks (except for the ATK program) every 30 mins.

-Delete any home screens you do not use.

Also, I had to format my memory card, and wipe my phone after the update. It's been decent since I did all of these steps, although it occasionally hiccups.

Journeyman

The phone was slow before the upgrade, now it is unusable, taking 1 or 2 minutes to place a call, even when nothing is running.  I want to get a new phone but to do so I'd have to pay a penalty, so reluctantly, after 17 years with Sprint, I have started the process of transitioning to Verizon.

Ah wait - I should have read the post before first - I am giving that a try, if that works then I'll stick with this lousy phone for another year even though I can't get 4G at the moment even in a 4G zone - any ideas on that one?

Message was edited by: BMG4ME

Journeyman

hi,  forgive me if you're aware of this... 4G on this phone is wimax, it doesn't have a 4G LTE radio.  theres an app called sensorly that will give you a coverage map plus other things.   also be aware of apps or widgets especially,  not playing nice with ics.  i only have 2 widgets that i love but they slow my phones' operations by refreshing themselves before the os can do anything else.  have implored the developers for a fix,  as well as htc for an ics update.  i hate the $10 4G fee even though wimax is extremely limited and won't be expanded in my area,  ive never enjoyed even wimax speeds :-( .   that said,  i like this phone and its capabilities for the $ 0.01 it cost on amazon wireless.

Journeyman

I also paid 0.01 for it on Amazon - and paid the price literally, you really get what you pay for.  Had I known how bad it was going to perform, I would not have bought it even for 0.01 because it would cost a lot more to replace.  I'm prepared to put up with a sluggish phone but not one that takes 1 to 2 minutes to react to pressing the "Call" button or pressing a phone number!

Re the 4G yes aware that it's WiMax not LTE, but can't even get WiMax - posted this issue in a new thread and there's a ticket open - I'd be very suprised if it's a network issue since I've been traveling and not able to get 4G anywhere since this issue started.  BTW I think the $10 is for smartphones that are not 4G too - i.e. it's not a  4G fee - if that makes you feel any better.

I am wondering whether the lousy performance and the purchasing from Amazon for 0.01 are related to each other.

Journeyman

The reason the lag for contact related tasks is the contacts are being kilt in memory.  To help avoid this problem provided you are not useing a task killer is at every boot you can choose a contact and edit it.  after the edit page comes up hit the power but and turn the screen off.  Unlock the phone with an app and then exit the app and you should keep the contact app in memory untill you have to add a contact or reboot.

Journeyman

Don't know if your phone is working now, but i just got an email that you wrote in this post again and I found a fix that worked for me. My phone is back to like it was before the update, it's from someone else so i take no credit for it, apperently HTC has a fix, even if it is temporary. Try it though and i hope it makes your phone work as well as mine does now.

01. With the handset turned off, press and hold the Volume Down key.

Note: To turn the device off completely, remove and reinsert the battery.

With the Volume Down key held down, press and hold the Power key.

02. Release all keys when the HBOOT menu appears.

03. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to RECOVERY.

04. With RECOVERY highlighted, press the Power key.

05. When the triangle appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume Up key.

06. With the Volume Up key held down, press the Power key.

07. Release all keys when the Android system recovery menu appears.

08. Once the wipe is complete,press the Volume Down key to scroll to Wipe cache partition.

09. With Wipe cache partition highlighted, press the Power key.

10.Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

This is from and HTC support person btw and it won't erase any of your info or touch your sd card, like i said after about a month or two of unbearable lag this has finally restored my phone to the fast little thing it was before they rolled out ICS.

Cheers!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat