cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Journeyman

Re: 7/31/12 - HTC EVO Design 4G Software Update - 3.14.651.0

Yeah...I'm pretty sure mine has slowed up again after a few days.  Piece of c rap..

Journeyman

. did you do the Wipe Partition from the HBOOT menu?  or just Make More Space from settings?   the first helped my phone considerably so think halcyoncmdr123's comment was appropriate in my case...

Sprint Employee

If the lagging has come back then it may be due to an installed application, or possibly how the phone is being used.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Nope....neither. I cleared tons of stuff off of my phone and it still lagged.  I can count up to 40 seconds for some apps to open, including messages and other apps that are standard to the phone. I've tried all the tips and tricks.......This is not user error nor a matter of too many things on the phone, it's not meant to run on the upgrade but yet it was upgraded.

Journeyman

Yep...I've done both.  Wipe partition from the Boot menu and the Make more Space deal.  Speed improvement didn't last long. It's not an app causing it because the slowness happened immediately after the upgrade. I totally agree this phone is not meant to run efficiently on ICS.

I'm going to try a reset soon to see what that does.

All I know is, next phone I get...I'm sticking with the original Android version it came with for the whole life of the phone.

Journeyman

i'm pretty satisfied with the performance gain since my wipe partition cache...too, i think we have to remember its just a single core.  be aware of widgets and their interactions, get rid of excess home screens, wipe caches frequently (i just restart) from histories.

Journeyman

Why be satisfied when there are better devices out there.  Now that I have switched to another carrier I have a Droid 4 - not even the newest phone - with all the apps I want - and it's much faster.  And it does have (Non-)Sense crashing all the time either because there is Sense to crash!  The only thing I miss about Sense is the animated whether on the home page!

I can understand what you're saying. I've tried every single thing that has been posted in this thread multiple times, deleted apps, ran virus scanners, and add-on detectors all to lackluster results. My D4G is now back to the same old "tricks" it was doing after the ICS update. Now even videos lag and don't respond to input. It freezes at random, too. I'm seriously considering going to another provider with a different phone now. I'd hate to leave Sprint after all this time, but I can't shell out 600 bucks for another device right now, and ICS has completely ruined what was once a really good smartphone. And I still haven't gotten any help from HTC, Google, or Microsoft. Best wishes, everyone.

Journeyman

ok, have asked elsewhere with no answer so... htc says 4.0.4 has been released to the carriers and ive seen this ics version on other phones.  SPRINT,  when will you release this update for the evo design 4g?

Journeyman

I wouldn't be holding my breath too long...

Journeyman

I know, I know!  but would be nice to hear that they have the 4.0.4 update from htc and are working on that version for release.  after so much corporate speak from htc in forum conversations one of the moderators finally finally admitted that 4.0.4 was released to sprint.

Well, I hope that helps. Personally, I'm not very optimistic about it at this point. I'm curious just what specific issues have been "addressed" this time. And now, we wait.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat