cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Design 4G

Journeyman

HTC Design 4G

Did anyone else get one of these? Reason I ask is that mine has gotten almost to the point of being useless!!! Slow...dropping calls...data is PAINFULLY slow...wi-fi won't always work even though I'm in a hotspot and logging in with the right passwords, etc. Basically, this thing's a piece of crap! Funny how it was only available for a couple of months...I believe I'm finding out why! A good friend has one of the original EVOs and it's blazing fast compared to mine. Anyone? I'm all ears...

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Design 4G

you will get quicker answers here..also i cant remember if that phone has a removable battery or not..but when was the last time you either yanked the battery for a few minutes or restarted the phone?

HTC EVO Design 4G

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hey Pistol14Fan

Thanks for posting. The EVO design was certainly a good device when it came out. I apologize for the issues you have been having with it. fireguy_6364 suggestion of a battery pull is always a good idea. The design has a rather unique battery door, not your traditional backing. If you are noticing issues with the speed of the device itself, check how much of the on board memory is being used. The device may slow down if there is not enough memory to complete essential functions of the phone. You can go to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications to check the internal memory being used. Free space by killing unused apps and moving some to your SD card if there is space available. Let me know if this help or if you have any other questions.

Regards

Chris W   

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The software update to this phone that gave us ICS wasn't the best, and no attempt was made to optimize it in the phone's short life span. Because of the major version change, a lot of the software already installed by us on our phones encountered hiccups leaving a factory reset the only way to get near speedy performance and a functional phone again. Backup what you can if you have the ability before you do. Unfortunately this doesn't bring back the full 2.3 responsiveness.

Journeyman

A few months later, and my phone's up to the old tricks again!!! Tried the various "fixes" suggested, and they all helped in the short term. I'm only running a handful of apps, and they're ALL so slow I feel like the old dialup internet days...even when on Wi-Fi! Pretty much have resigned myself to an upgrade in December (when I'm eligible). Pathetic piece of garbage! I, too, am having MANY thoughts about leaving Sprint after almost 10 years. I see my friends on Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T have speeds that are 10 times faster than I ever get. They get service when all I get is excuses! Signed, NOT Happy in The Nati!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat