cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO Design 4G won't stay on!

Journeyman

HTC EVO Design 4G won't stay on!

Hi Forum Guys,

My HTC Evo Design 4G started to randomly shut off last week. It would only shut down 1-2 times per day, at which point I would plug the charger in and it would be fine. As the week continued, the shut downs got more frequent. Now, it won't stay on even when it's on the charger! I bought the phone in April 2012, so am not eligible for an upgrade for 3 months. I cleared app caches, did a soft reset, and eventually a factory reinstall with no success. The phone shut down during the setup screen following the reinstall! From other posts, it appears that switching out the battery would not make a difference... and I'm not looking to waste $35 to test a theory.

Anybody have suggestions?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO Design 4G won't stay on!

nikkihawaii,

Thanks for reaching out. That certainly sounds frustrating. The best recommendation is to bring it into a Sprint Store to have a technician check it out. You should leave the store with a resolution. You can find a location here: www.Sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I just went through the same thing and it turned out to be my battery. One way to test the battery theory before buying a new one is to see if your battery is swollen. If it no longer just falls out of the phone, chances are it's swollen from damage. Additionally, you can place it on a flat surface and try to get any kind of spin out of it by pressing down on one corner and rotating. In either case, you'll need a new battery. Depending on how lucky you are, the batteries run as cheap as $8 (new) on eBay from a few trusted accessory stores.

Journeyman

Wow!! The exact same thing started happening to me last week.  I thought I was reading my own post.  I'll give the battery theory a try.  Thanks!

Master

lockeddown,

Hi there. I am glad that this tread has helped. I was in the stores for quite some time and I can tell you that there may be another part that could be causing this. If the flap that holds the battery has come lose it could also allow too much of a gap for the pins and the contacts on the battery. If you can remove the battery door and push up on the battery and the phone powers up, this could be part of the issue. I may recommend taping a piece of card stock to the bottom of the battery if this helps. Let me know if there is anything further I can help out with!

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I just bought 2 batteries for $13 from newegg.  HTC logo on em.  Look the same as original.  Fixed my powering down problem and now I have a spare for back up.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat