Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo Design Micro Sd Error

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo Design Micro Sd Error

My Wife has a EVO design and just last week it stopped reading the sd card when she tried taking some pictures(took 3-4 and the next wouldn't save to card).  no access to apps on card or media.  Hooked up the usb to the computer and not only did it detect the card but I was able to copy all contents.  I have a Scan Disc 8g card and replaces it with the same(brand new).  In my Evo I have a 32G scan disc which has never had issues like this.  just today the new card, only a week old, is doing the same thing all over.  I removed the sd card, first power down phone then remove battery then sd, then reversed  the process after a few min.  No change.  I them removed the card again inserted it into the jacket to put into a normal sd slot and the computer read the card with out errors or faults.  Formatted the card and installed back to the phone with out change.  Is the phone just broke or should I check something else?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: HTC Evo Design Micro Sd Error

More than likely it's the device, I have Evo designs come in all the time with the same problem. It's about time to upgrade to be honest.

Journeyman

Upgrade is in February for both hers and mine.  Think I will go to the S4.  So most I can do is take it in and get it replaced with the insurance?

Journeyman

If you have TEP, The protection plan, then yes, as long as the device isn't physically damaged i.e. cracked screen/housing, or water damage they should be able to order a replacement, without cost. However if its cracked or have liquid damage you'd be looking at the $100 deductible.

More than likely they will probably try a hard reset to see if its a software issue, so try to back your stuff up, then afterwards order you a replacement device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat