Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo and Carrier IQ

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo and Carrier IQ

Dear Sprint, 

Allow me to opt out and uninstall Carrier IQ and other bloat/spy ware (NASCAR, Facebook, ect.) or I will be opting myself out when I drop you as my carrier.

Sincerely,

A disgusted customer

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Journeyman

I registered a complaint citing articles that exposed those details. We'll see. I can't see this is a defendable position for Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

@Barker009 That does mean that any of your private information is being sent out. @Bsoa right now I am out of work and any moneyI get is only from unemployment.Into it is proving that any our private information is being sent out to someone where, no one should assume anything at all.

Who cares whether or not they send the info out. I don't want them collecting it in the first place. Don't be so naive vorless. If somebody was able to hack into playstation and get all those credit card numbers, I'm sure someone can figure this one out too.

Highlighted

No one knows what they collecting and no here or anywhere else can say they are collecting our private information without someone checking it out first.For it is important to base it on facts and not rumors. Carrier iq right now is Innocence into proven guilty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

vorless u complete tool i have shown videos of EXACTLY what they are collecting weather they are sending it out is another thing. but the big issue is the data is stored in a log on the phone that is unencrpyted on most android phones. this is a big no no in the financial and medical sectors. also how do you think the cops got all that information from sprint, ding ding ding we have a winner carrier iq for 500$ alex. stfu please and quit spewing belch that has been proven false time and time again

Highlighted

You or no one else known if they are sending any of our private information anywhere at all.It is imporatant to have the facts before say anything about the subject at hand and you are very wrong about me being a tool. You should not call someone a tool just because they do not agree with what you say. Carrier Iq is Innocence into proven otherwise.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The good news on my Epic is that the data is only stored until a restart. My device freezes, or gets slow and buggy,  so often that the battery comes out a couple of times a day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL...the fact is they are collecting data...Period!!! Why don't you send me some of your personal information, don't worry I'll just store it for you. Unbelievable

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

You or no one else known if they are sending any of our private information anywhere at all.It is imporatant to have the facts before say anything about the subject at hand and you are very wrong about me being a tool. You should not call someone a tool just because they do not agree with what you say. Carrier Iq is Innocence into proven otherwise.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Federal wiretapping laws don't have anything to do with what is done with the data, it is concerned with the way the data is acquired. They could print it our, delete the electronic file, destroy the hard drive and store the print out in a vault 3 miles underground, it wouldn't matter. The collection of that data is the crime, not what it is used for or who sees it.

Highlighted

Data I am talking about is with information regarding dealing with mobile phone networks and that is not cover under federal wiretapping laws because networks are owned by carriers and so far there  is no proof that carrier Iq software is collecting our information and it is not for us to judge but court system.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thankyou Thankyou.  This Vorless guy has been invading other thread here about this very subject spewing his lies and deceit.  And as you put it I hope he is being paid well to be a corp tool boy to help in this cover up.

Highlighted

Just because someone does not agree what others say does not mean they should call that person a tool and a liar that is very rude. The ones who can judge carrier iq is only court system and no one else and that means everyone here.

Highlighted
Master

Posts that are overly negative, contain profanity and / or harass other community members through threats and name calling are bannable offenses. Please review the Community Guidelines for expected behavior.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat