Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Evo and Carrier IQ

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Evo and Carrier IQ

Dear Sprint, 

Allow me to opt out and uninstall Carrier IQ and other bloat/spy ware (NASCAR, Facebook, ect.) or I will be opting myself out when I drop you as my carrier.

Sincerely,

A disgusted customer

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted
Journeyman

This was an interesting topic.  Although I don't agree with all the language used I certainly do understand the frustration.  I also feel I should be able to uninstall any offensive applications.  If they are not critical to the phone operatiion it should be my choice to keep them or not.

But I have not had good luck relying on the "common sense" or ethics of some large corporations.  The way I vote is thru the pocketbook.  Needless to say when my contract is up I'll be looking elsewhere.

Good luck to those who want to root.  It is more work than I want to do though.

Highlighted
Master

CommunityForNick wrote:

This was an interesting topic.  Although I don't agree with all the language used I certainly do understand the frustration.  I also feel I should be able to uninstall any offensive applications.  If they are not critical to the phone operatiion it should be my choice to keep them or not.

But I have not had good luck relying on the "common sense" or ethics of some large corporations.  The way I vote is thru the pocketbook.  Needless to say when my contract is up I'll be looking elsewhere.

Good luck to those who want to root.  It is more work than I want to do though.

Carrier IQ is currently in the process of being removed from Sprint devices. So far several HTC and Samsung devices have gotten updates that remove the Carrier IQ software, among other fixes and improvements.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat