cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off all notifiers but leave the ringtone on for phone calls?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I turn off all notifiers but leave the ringtone on for phone calls?

In the latest software update, the notifier and ringtone volume control are all on one function in the Sound/Volume part of Settings.  In the previous Gingerbread, there were separate volume controls for the ringtone and for the notifiers.  At night I want to leave the phone ringtone functional (for emergency incoming calls from our children) but turn off all the other notifiers.  How can I do this in Ice Cream Sandwich?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not tried either app. To be honest the only notifications I may get while sleeping are emails so I just adjusted their check times to once every 8 hours between 12am and 8am. Notifications only persist in that span if I still have unread email. There are apps that perform a similar task to what your blackberry did for android but I do not know their names.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

This was a change in ICS and no one appears to be happy about it. Unfortunately there is no single option native to the phone anymore for notifications. You would have to enter each app individually (Calendar, Mail, Messages, etc) and turn off notifications in everything. There was mention of two apps that were able to separate the setting into two again on the Market but alas, they're both paid apps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brianhislop.icsringervolumetrial is one and offers a 48 hour trial before you decide to buy it. The other is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matthew.rice.volume.master and does not offer a trial (outside the 15min refund window).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good grief.  What were they thinking?  Thanks for your response.  I thought I just wasn't finding where I needed to be in Settings.  Have you tried either of those paid apps?

Man, as much as I like my HTC phone in general, there are days when I wish I had my Blackberry back.  Just plug it in at night and it immediately went into my custom preset Bedtime mode, where everything goes off but the ringer.  Not even ONE thing to change, just PLUG IT IN!  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not tried either app. To be honest the only notifications I may get while sleeping are emails so I just adjusted their check times to once every 8 hours between 12am and 8am. Notifications only persist in that span if I still have unread email. There are apps that perform a similar task to what your blackberry did for android but I do not know their names.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Great idea!!  Thanks!   I'll adjust my non-peak hours in email.  That will solve that.  The only other issue is Calendar notifications.  Guess I'll just have to turn those off at night and back on in the morning.   Really appreciate your help, Mahlon!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat