cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have done a soft reset on my HTC Evo Design and I can't get it to stay on for more than 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

Journeyman

I have done a soft reset on my HTC Evo Design and I can't get it to stay on for more than 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

I can not get my HTC EVO Degisn to stay on it keeps shutting down.  I have done a soft reset my taking out the battery.  It won't stay on long enough for me to do a shut down.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: I have done a soft reset on my HTC Evo Design and I can't get it to stay on for more than 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

I am having the exact same problem and it started about a week ago. It seems to work okay for a little bit longer (maybe 5 mins) if charger is plugged in. But it does this with 64% battery life. I have even done a complete wipe as my phone is fairly new (3 months) and I have all of my old contacts in my old phone. I would like to hear from others before I spend more money at the Sprint Repair shop on it.

Master

Re: I have done a soft reset on my HTC Evo Design and I can't get it to stay on for more than 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

I would certainly take it in to a service and repair  store   worst case is a 35 dollar charge.

Journeyman

Took it to 4 stores they tried to sell new battery, charged for water damage (which has never happened)....blame on downloaded software....beware if they try to charge you.  Curious, Do you use Telenav? My started the day I used that program, unfortunately you can't uninstall because it is a factory install. I know 2 people not having the problem and they haven't used that program and 3 people that have the problem and they all use the program. When I went to the 4 sprint stores they acted like they knew nothing about it.  FYI....new battery, soft reset, factory reset, taking apart the front checking for water damage, none of that fixes it.

Journeyman

I know if the phone does not have a SIM inserted it will not even power on..maybe the SIM or slot is bad/corroded? Just a thought.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. when fully charged it will work for maybe 30 min, but then it forces closed.  It will force close several times & then finally stay on for a few min before closing again.  Usually happens when I the battery life is at least 1/2 full.  What is going on with this.  I never had this problem until last month.  I've had my phone since Feb this yr. 

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. when fully charged it will work for maybe 30 min, but then it forces closed.  It will force close several times & then finally stay on for a few min before closing again.  Usually happens when I the battery life is at least 1/2 full.  What is going on with this.  I never had this problem until last month.  I've had my phone since Feb this yr. 

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. when fully charged it will work for maybe 30 min, but then it forces closed. It will force close several times & then finally stay on for a few min before closing again. Usually happens when I the battery life is at least 1/2 full. What is going on with this. I never had this problem until last month. I've had my phone since Feb this yr.

Journeyman

This is a software update issue... I ve talked with sprint and htc

Journeyman

It's not a software issue, the phone is just bad. Read other posts. I bought mine 18 months ago on the advice of a Sprint employee and at the time it was a "newly released phone". It's now no longer sold. That should tell you all you need to know. The best solution to fixing this phone is to buy a different phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat