Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS OTA UPDATE ISSUES

Journeyman

ICS OTA UPDATE ISSUES

Hi,  new to this forum but searching for like problems / solutions. 

Performed the ota update to ics and found severe lag issues in web page rendering.

On viewing animated weather radar loops,  causing sense to force close (ie.  the white htc screen).

Reading other android forums the consistent reply was to do a factory reset,  which i have done.

Sadly,  not much of a cure. 

Any suggestions on a)  what is causing sense to crash

b)  other solutions

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

an addendum...  battery life is shockingly worse and I'm a light user,  but just a few hours of web search, forum browsing,

and joining this community has drained my battery from 80% to warning memo of 10% remaining, aarrgggh!    signing off to recharge,  the phone too.

Journeyman

I can't speak on the browser crashing but it has given some, including myself, problems. Some of my problems alleviated when I realized that Flash and gifs were disabled in the settings and turned them back on. I find it odd both the Browser and Sense crashed though...

As for the battery life, have you checked your battery stats? It can be reached by going to Settings -> Power -> Battery use. While unplugged and just before you go back to the charger, head there to see what has been using most of your battery. In most cases it's either your screen (especially at 100% brightness) or one of the apps related to signal. If you're in an area with poor signal, the phone is going to kill itself looking for a better one because it likes to maintain a connection with more than one tower.

Journeyman

hey,   cell signal is not good at home, between 2&4 bars,  but use wifi for data,   does that help? 

did what u said about stats and overwhelming culprit is the screen!  even at auto brightness

Journeyman

14iron wrote:

hey,   cell signal is not good at home, between 2&4 bars,  but use wifi for data,   does that help? 

did what u said about stats and overwhelming culprit is the screen!  even at auto brightness

Yes that helps.

If you can, try keeping the brightness at mid to low and see if it helps prolong life. Due to the size and quality of our screen, there's no getting past it being a power hog. What are the next two apps on the list, if they take up a decent chunk of the percentage?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat