cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS for the htc evo design 4g

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS for the htc evo design 4g

I'm just wondering when will it come out for the htc evo design 4g?? or do i have to download a app to get it??

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Master

According to HTC's Facebook page they are:

HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon there after by the HTC Sensation XL.

In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EV 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea long after the new phones come out. And by the time we get upgraded google will have came out with there next version of software. Sad that something that is free to the companys is getting played for money by HTC,Sprint,ATT. I am going to switch to the google galaxy nexus as soon as it comes out so I can stop getting played by HTC/SPRINT!!! Seriously it is pretty lamb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

okwhen is this update happening seriously i want it now

Highlighted
Journeyman

i got the update a few days ago

Highlighted
Journeyman

That last update was not ics it was to small of a file to be ics it was a security update

Highlighted
Journeyman

But i think its coming soon cause boost mobile is gettin this phone and it is said that i will have android 4.0 so if the prepaid version is gettin it we should before the boost version is released

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to this link to see the latest update on ICS upgrades for HTC phones.  Looks like June-July for Design 4G.  It sucks, but at least we finally have a timeline to look forward to.

http://www.htc.com/www/help/android4faq/?cid=android4blog

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my ICS update today.  They took it right down to the wire.  Still figuring it out.  Seems to be working well as far as I can tell.  New launch menu at the bottom.  Wish I had a users guide to tell me what's new and how to do things.  I thought there were supposed to be multitasking functions in ICS.  Can't find them if there are.  I'll keep playing with it and see what I can find.  At least the wait is over.  I did a manual check for updates, so if you haven't gotten it then check for it manually.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Michel if you dont mind me asking, what state are you in? Im in NC and I have not recieved the update yet. The only one I received was for the visual voicemail. Which looks horrible by the way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in AR.  I went to Settings/System Updates/HTC Software Updates and checked manually on the 31st and it was there.  They said it would roll out over time in different markets, so just keep checking daily and it should show up soon.  By the way, I did some research and found that to get to the Recent Apps, you have to long press the home button.  There are some useful tutorials out there if you look for them.  Good luck to you and I hope it shows up soon.

Oh, one more thing.  After the update, my WiFi was barely getting a signal from 8 feet away.  I rebooted the phone and it started working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks everyone for the help i just go the update like 2 or 3 days ago its looks really awesome once again thanks for the answer

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat