cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major problems after newest update, PLEASE HELP!!

Journeyman

Major problems after newest update, PLEASE HELP!!

My phone suggested a system update the other day, I did it and am since having nothing but problems.
Nothing is open, but my battery is fastly dying;
when trying to make calls I am giving the busy sound and a message pops up that say that the network isn't working;
when I try to send a text message, a message pops up telling me that there was radio interference;
when I try to get to anything (apps, texts, contacts, dialpad) I have to press the button about 4 times before it even tries, then it takes minutes to get there and forever to even do anything else. After finally getting into something, when I try to return home, a loading pop up comes and stays for minutes.
None of this was happening before this update.

I tried turning the phone off more than once, and I did a soft reset (taking the battery out), but they did nothing.
This is my primary phone for emergencies and such when I am home with my children with no car.

Can someone please help me either fix all of this or better yet, help me revert back to the previous version!

Hardware version 0002
Software version 4.02.651.2.710RD
Android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Major problems after newest update, PLEASE HELP!!

I find that I experience a mother-load of problems after every upgrade; unfortunately I don't know if they're every really 'fixed' or if i just get used to the worsening condition of this phone...to my knowledge there is (unfortunately) no way to 'downgrade' your software to the previous version (this is what I have been told by Sprint techs) and additionally, should you choose not to upgrade, most crucial apps (messages, Gmail, etc.) will cease to function properly, due to the inability of the app to update itself on the older software.  Ever since being force to upgrade the main OS to Ice Cream Sandwich, my phone has been circling the drain, and I still have a year left on contract!  I am just at a loss, Sprint's "Pre-Owned" prices on any adequate phones are astronomical, but I am paying bills on a phone that barely functions

Journeyman

updates did the same thing to my phone. I even bought a new design and after updates it crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not an app issue

its and operating system update issue!!!!! the HTC updates and sprint updates are not compatible with this phone. They no longer make the phone and the ICECREAM software is not the best operating system for it.

KEEP THE GINGERBREAD OPERATING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I am having the same problems as you!!! Phone is almost useless, which doesn't work for a mom with three kids....I hope someone solves this issue soon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat