Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot

Journeyman

Screenshot

When I first received my HTC Evo Design, I was able to do screenshots. With in the last few weeks I can no longer do them anymore. When I go through the motions to do a screenshot it says that the picture was saved but when I look into my gallery nothing has been saved. Does any one know why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it?

9 REPLIES 9
Master

I use Astro so I can search my file system - It is saved but the destination folder must have changed for some odd reason. Use Astro or a similar file explorer app so you can walk through saved files and find where it is being saved.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

If you don't mind me asking, I'm new to my HTC evo design 4g, how do I take screenshots? I've done a few by accident, but have no idea how i did it. What are the motions to take one?

Journeyman

Hit the power button and home button at the same time

Journeyman

I just bought an EVO Design 4G yesterday. I did not know about the screenshots until I cane across this thread. When I tried as instructed, I heard the shutter sound and found the picture in my Gallery. Maybe something that was installed is causing issues? Since it saves to the SD card by default, has anything changed with that?

Journeyman

I can take screen shots but they dont appear on my stock gallery and when i try to view them in a different app (QuickPic) it says load failed any thoughts as to why that might be?

Journeyman

At some point in the past 7 days, my screenshot ability has broken. As it turns out, the phone is still taking pictures but they are empty (0kb) and therefore do not register in the Gallery. Visiting the DCIM folder with a file explorer or while connected to the PC in Mass Storage mode will reveal the blanks. So far I have not found an app or setting I changed in the past week that may have caused this feature to break.

Journeyman

I did a Factory Reset on my phone and the screenshots started working again

Journeyman

Okay after some more testing I found that it appears to be nothing we install or do. I had everything reinstalled and was still able to take screenshots. While I left the phone idle while doing stuff around the house, it randomly broke again. After some snooping around the phone I found something. The application "Scribble" (com.htc.mysketcher) is the one responsible for taking our screenshots. It occasionally glitches and is the reason our screenshots go blank. I force stopped the app and cold booted the phone. For those unfamiliar, you must uncheck the option called "FastBoot" in the power settings to do this. The app started functioning normally again and seems to still be doing so.

Journeyman

Thank You MahlonP i had the same issue. I followed your directions and it is now working. Everyone should do this if they are having the same issue.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat