cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 3.6

Journeyman

Sense 3.6

im getting sense force closing,  more so lately,  when browsing web sites.  especially when viewing video and or weather animations.  ive changed to dolphin beta browser but even before with the stock browser this happened.  any explanation appreciated or fixes.

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Employee

Re: Sense 3.6

If you are seeing Sense crash, I would suggest first clearing cache/data for HTC Sense, and Open sense plugin manager from settings > apps > all. How much freespace do you have, and which apps have you downloaded that use widgets?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

free             total

sd.....      7.87gb        14.83gb

internal    464mb        1.11gb

system    120mb         789mb

memory   124mb         583mb

cache       137mb         141mb

android agenda widget, make your own clock, android pro widgets (bookmarks),  plus many other apps that have widget capabilities but are not in use

performing your recommendations brings up a question...  why two sense apps, one with the white/green htc logo and a higher numbered version with the clock widget as the logo/avatar.   also a warning as to losing personalizations could have been mentioned but ok starting from scratch if it'll help.

Journeyman

didn't mention that the open sense plugin manager had no data/cache

Sprint Employee

Hello 14iron, I apologize for not mentioning that clearing Cache & Data for Sense would clear it back to default. Most android apps are set back to default settings if Cache, and Data are both cleared. Does your android pro widgets contain anything beyond bookmarks? I can't be certain of why Sense is listed twice, but I can say one is the Launcher that we all know & love, the other (smaller with the green HTC logo) ties in to Jetset print resources, and may be an interface between android & sense. Have you seen any problems with sense after clearing cache/data?

Journeyman

apw is a suite of widgets.  i only use the bookmarks part in order to make it possible to easily rearrange my bookmarks.  could find no other that would with level of customization it offers.  crashes have occurred after the recommendations but believe its mostly due to the sprint website not playing nice with my phone (another post dealing with this issue), lol,  haven't been able to add attachments using the advanced editor...  has caused internal server error messages.  anyway,  thought there may be other customers experiencing my issues.   is sprint working with htc on an ics update?  will this phone still be supported?  no longer see this phone listed on htc's (broken) community support forums.

Sprint Employee

Hello 14iron, at this point if you are still having trouble with Sense crashing you should try removing some apps that interact with it, then clear the above mentioned items. HTCs forums seem to be up, what sort of problems have you had? I can confirm that our forums have limited capabilities while connected through your smart phone. ICS update? the phone currently has ICS as the current version of android, I'm not certain if any additional software updates will be released, but we still support the phone, and will continue to do so.

Journeyman

rc1024... ok,  a)  what apps interact with sense?  how do i separate the onez that do/don't?   b-1)  going to www.htc.com/us/support/  and selecting a product,  in my case the evo design 4G (sprint),  then clicking on the link for software updates shows the latest update as the maintenance one from very early 2012.  no mention of the ics updste in august.  b-2) going to https://eclub.htc.com/us/community/  in the. description of what's offered here there is a disclaimer saying: we're sorry... technical problems... that has been there since i joined that community after buying this phone (1 year ago).  clicking on a link to support forums brings an error message that access is denied for "my forum name"...   c)  continued support imo would include software updates to fix bugs (lagginess, Sense crashes, etc).  ie.  the initial code is perfect, lol.   ps.  my phone is still listed,  must have just overlooked it on the dropdown menu i was in, was an unfamiliar page.  thnx

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat