Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update 3.14.651 issues with screen

Journeyman

Software update 3.14.651 issues with screen

Installed the update yesterday.  What a mistake.  My screen dims instead of shutting off now.  So, that means I have to do it manually, or my battery power will suck quicker than it already does.  I HATE the apps on the toolbar.  Who said we needed that?  How about the phone screen, that is now CLUTTERED up with options?  The previous phone message screen all but disappears and you can only see like three previous phone callers without having to minimize the keyboard.  The camera?  Don't get me started.  There used to be an option screen that allowed you to share or delete quickly.  Of course, now that's gone and they've replaced it with a click menu.  Gotta wonder.  Someone has way too much time on their hands.  I wish I could get my previous version back but that would be too logical.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

- Out of curiosity, have you tried to change the screen settings in the display menu? One of the options is "Never turn off" and it may be selected.

- The apps toolbar across the bottom is actually a stock Android feature and has been around for a bit. I guess so many people complained to HTC about not having it in Sense that they just finally stopped altering it. At least it's customizable.

- The Phone menu was a little nicer without the menu bar on the bottom, but it was probably done that way for consistency. >_>

- Camera settings were reset during the update. The options for deleting and sharing are still there but the review is set to 3 seconds. Camera -> Settings -> Review Duration -> No Limit.

Doesn't alleviate all of your problems but I hope some of this helps.

Journeyman

I like the design upgrades. And I can live with the UI changes. We all do -- eventually -- b/c we get used to them. (However, I don't like that holding down the HOME button for multi-tasking now displays a much more graphics- and information-intense display -- rather than the simpler apps icons.)

That said, with Android update 3.14.651, what I can't live with is how much slower my phone has become. There is latency with everything. Go to your home screen. Sluggish. Open your gmail. Sluggish. Pull up your phone. Sluggish. Go to the settings. Sluggish. Everything has latency now -- except from moving from one screen to the next. I've tried killing as many tasks as possible, signing out of processor-intensive apps, etc. Nothing works.

I would trade the nice design upgrades for a faster phone. Really.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat