cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE FAILURE - OS v3.14.651.0 710RD

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE FAILURE - OS v3.14.651.0 710RD

Ever since the last update on the Operating System, v 3.14.651.0 710RD or named as something sweet and sticky, my HTC EVO DESIGN 4G:

1. Now reboots frequently and without warning.

2. I can no longer pair with Bluetooth devises that once worked perfectly (prior to the supposedly better OS using some name that make no sense).

3. To worsen matters, accessing applications is extremely slow and sometimes inaccurate.

4. access to the SD chip comes and goes, with no apparent reason.

5. NO ONE at the local service center can offer a resolution other than to suggest buying another phone.

I cannot express my frustration without becoming abusive. I have ready blog after blog and discussion groups ad nauseam to find that I am not the only one expressing the same problems and issues with no relief in sight from either HTC or Sprint. Sadly, there is no way to return to an earlier version of an OS that was working just fine.
What ever happened to "if it isn't broken, don't fix it"? Once having been so satisfied, regardless to the fact that I purchased a 4G phone only to find that San Diego has NO 4G services with Sprint, to refer friends and family I am no longer of the same mind. Why isn't sprint protecting its customers? Who beta tested the operating systems before releasing it on the system?  Why weren't we warned that allowing the update may change the equipment we've grown dependent upon to change to  something you want to smash with a hammer, hard?

So here's the real question, Sprint; what are you doing about it? What pressure is being brought to bear on HTC or whomever provides the operating systems for so call smart phones to correct this laborious and ineffective operating system you have plagued your customers with?  Who is responsible for this debacle, and why haven't they publicly lost their job.

While you’re at it, why not allow your customers, the ones paying the bills, to remove unwanted, useless crap applications like: Amazon mp3, NASCAR, sprint music plus, sprint TV, you tube, etc.. from my property, that’s right mine.  I paid for it, I should be the one that decides what I want to have and use. 

If anyone knows a hacker that can help please let me know I am willing to pay to have a phone the way I want it.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: UPDATE FAILURE - OS v3.14.651.0 710RD

My wife just recently updated this as well and we have notcied the phone is almost unuseable for how slow it is post update. Everything was fine before the update, but now it is frustrating to use. I am trying to research online what is the deal or how to fix, but have yet to find much of anything. Please help Sprint.

Journeyman

I agree with everything you said.  Everytime I have gone to a store, purchasing a new phone is the only recommendation they provice.  Now I'm sending mine to HTC to repair and have only had it since July.  

Journeyman

I agree with everything you said.  Everytime I have gone to a store, purchasing a new phone is the only recommendation they provice.  Now I'm sending mine to HTC to repair and have only had it since July.  

Journeyman

Journeyman

TRY ROOTING YOUR PHONES!!! Might help

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat