cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update Apps "Insufficient Storage Available"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to update Apps "Insufficient Storage Available"

I am no longer able to update any Apps on my phone. The update downloads from the Play Store but when it attempts to install the update I receive an error message of “Insufficient Storage Available”.

Most recently, I ran into this issue while attempting to update the Gmail app. The update is 3.57 MB.  The phone says I have space (508 MB free internal storage, 2.6 GB free SD Card), but I receive the “Insufficient Storage Available” error when it attempts to install. I use the Task Manager to stop running programs prior to the download so that there is maximum memory available.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone found a workaround? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Unable to update Apps "Insufficient Storage Available"

ChicagoMike1 Thanks for your post and I'm sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.  Try clearing your cache then power cycle your device by tuning it off for 1 minute then turn it back on.  If this doesn't work then I would suggest you bring the device to one of our service and repair stores which you can find on this link www/sprint.com/storelocator.  Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Chris

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat