cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why should I buy another HCT device or use sprint again!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why should I buy another HCT device or use sprint again!

2 years ago I bought tis HTC EVO Design 4G in Phoenix and was promised 4G service within 1 year. Its been 2 years and Sprint has canceled the 4G wimax project in favor of LTE so there is not going to be 4G in phoenix until 2014+.  Now with the new software upgrade my phone is slow, and locks up! the "experts" at the sprint store tell me that the last update pushed to the phone is not compatable and the only fix is to upgrade to a new phone and renue my contract.

>> WHY would I upgrade if Sprint has not fulfilled there part of our agreement and upgrades the phones with destructive software?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Why should I buy another HCT device or use sprint again!

Thanks for posting. I do understand where you are coming from I myself had the orignal HTC EVO and waiting for LTE in my area. Phoenix is in the progress of getting 4g LTE.Our network team is working on updating the towers. I know you mentioned that you took the device to the repair location, did they do any troubleshooting to the device? Also what is the current software version for your device? Thank you. *Paida

Journeyman

AmaiT

Yes, the techs at the sprint store took the phone to the back for about 10 minutes to troubleshoot the problem. The current software version is 4.02.651.2710RD. I find it hard to believe that they can not revert the software back to a previous version.

Journeyman

Did they hard reset the device? Another option would be for the store to replace the device if the issue can not be resolved. Thank you.*Paida

Journeyman

The rep at the spint store said that even if they did replace the phone it would have the same issue, but I can pay the $50.00 deductible and get a used replacement.  I am eligible for an upgrade in 14 days, but if sprint can't resolve at least 1 of the issues by then I will be looking to change carriers.

Journeyman

Hello,

No LTE launch date has been announced yet for Phoenix,AZ. The updates are still underway and once completed the announcement will come. I myself upgraded from HTC EVO to an S3, even though there is no LTE in my area yet. I'm here to help and want you to stay with us. Please let me know how I can help.

Thank you,

*Paida

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat