cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware update error 1012...please help me get through it

Highlighted
Journeyman

firmware update error 1012...please help me get through it

i purchased a refurburished evo design 4g on eBay and i live in india...when i try to update the firmware after a while i get error 1012 contact customer care....i tried setting the network in CDMA and SPRINT mode but the same problem continues...i tried taking out the battery and again tring it but nothing worked...how to get through this error..???

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: firmware update error 1012...please help me get through it

I am sorry you are having issues with updating your firmware. Have you tried updating your profile? settings>menu>system updates> update profile Please let me know if this information helps.

Markie_B

Journeyman

yaa i tried them too but the same error 1012 appears with them too..

Wizard

Are you trying to do this behind an Airave device?  I get update errors when I have that on.  If I unplug it and stand outside my updates work. 

If that's not it, I got nuthin

Cheers,

Journeyman

no i am not using any airave device the problem is its a refurbished phone and it is neither activated with sprint nor have any sprint number to it..i bought it and put a local GSM in it...so the problem comes with contacting sprint while i try to update it...how to bypass it...thanks..!!

Wizard

I wasn't aware you could get the OTA updates without the phone being connected to the Sprint network.  It will be interesting to see what the ultimate resolution is. 

Cheers,

Master

You can update phones ota that are not activated, It has to be done over Wifi.

Journeyman

i am trying over wifi itself but still the error shows up always...htc sense update works fine but the firmware update and profile etc all show error1012...

Master

Yea the Update Profile wont go through as that does need to be on Sprint's network, The 1012 error can happen if your phone is up to date, You can check here to see if it is.
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/htc_phones/htc_evo_de...

Journeyman

i guess this answers my question...mine is the latest build...thanks alot i thought my device had some problem...but it has to show that i have the latest build instead of that error right...anyway thank you..Smiley Happy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat