Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/25 - HTC EVO Shift Software Update - 2.76.651.6

Wizard

10/25 - HTC EVO Shift Software Update - 2.76.651.6

HTC EVO Shift Software Update - 2.76.651.6

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Security Update

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.76.651.6

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 10/25 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 10/27

- Refer to the HTC EVO Shift Software Updates blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem with low memory on my Evo Shift. I've even gone so far as to delete apps that I actually use, which I really hated having to do.  I just checked my memory usage after looking at JOEYNACH19's to see how it compared.  There is a glaring difference right at the top of my list.  "Facebook for HTC Sense" is using up 47.72MB, while lower down the list, "Facebook" is only using 8.61MB.

I don't even see "Facebook for HTC Sense" on JOEYNACH19's list.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Any info is appreciated.

Journeyman

This is a junk answer.  I have stripped both my and my wifes phones to no apps but the garbage you bloat it with and neither have more than 21 to 22 percent memory available.  HTC and gingerbread have an issue, Sprint needs to admit it and start eating crow and get ready to replace phones since they havent been able to resolve this since JUNE!!!!

A greatly dissatisfied Sprint customer!

Journeyman

Forget it, Sprint will not say they have any fault in this. It's purely a HTC programming issue! Although, Sprint should pull the phones off the shelf until HTC fixes the problems. I left HTC and Android because of the Sense issue.

Journeyman

Have we gotten any resolve? I have had the same issues; called Sprint, gone to the store in person and always get the same thing: hard reset....hard reset....HARD RESET..... seriously I should NOT have to hard reset me phone every few months. its rediculous, I cant have emails or apps, i cant do the things people just do with a click on their iphones. I did not buy this phone to deal with restrictions and limit my cell phone usage and i dont pay the extra $10 for a smart phone that doesnt do anything because i am always losing memory. I want to delete crap like nascar and football and all this other stuff that is taking up memory and cant. I want to keep my apps not delete them and i do not want to reset my phone and sync contacs and reinsert passwords and re configure my phone every few months. Its draining and tiring and I can not deal with it anymore, and seriously how long does this phone have to load for, its always loading, loading, loading....

My worse peeve is that Sprint does nothing about it, they do not acknowledge the problem or try to compensate you, I bought two of these and spent like $400 on both with a two year contract and i definitely did not get my moneys worth. I am so tired of it.All they tell you is hard reset, i been hard reseting for a year and a half.

Journeyman

Everything you said is 100% true, the phone is awful the storage is a huge issue still, the HTC reloading screen happens about 100x a day.  Sprint doesnt know what to do b/c its an HTC hardware/software problem, so when they dont know what to do they can band aid the problem by telling you are reset everytime, which is a terrible thing to do.  I literally delete apps and data from my phone daily.  Every notice how when ur phone gets low memory ur friendstreamer App stops automatic or manually updating.  Its an awful phone man.  I delete FB, emails, texts, apps every day and every week.  And like you said Im stuck with 150MB of nascar, amazon store, and sprint football crap.  At this point there is no point to cleaning the contact list thing from above.  I have done it 10 times.  You export to ur SD card, delete all contact, then bring them back in.  A week later when the phone starts to link accounts to twitter and FB adn updates and pics it goes right back to being out of control and taking up 50MB of space.  So either use the phone bare bones and not the way it was intended (no social media syncs, no Apps, no data) or deal with lack of storage.....great design by HTC.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat