Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Wizard

HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Security Update

- Updated Peep client ( to align with Twitter)

- Battery life improvements

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.77.651.3

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 2/2 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 2/7

- Refer to the HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Updates blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

36 REPLIES
Journeyman

Does this update contain a fix for the HTC Sense UI lock/freeze/reboot issues?

Journeyman

i hope it does, this is taking forever to fix.

Journeyman

Personally, since any update to the Shift has been 'LONG IN COMING', I sure hope this resolves the homescreen reloading issue on these precious HTC Sense UI phones. I'm going to get the Nexus from now on since we can't rely on the manufactures and carriers to support these SMART (BUT DUMB) phones.  Anyway, I have been trying the manual update process throughout the day via 3G and WiFi and the Shift is telling me nothing is available. So far this update is a false promise.

Journeyman

Here's hoping this will resolve the UI issues for now, but HTC's name has definitely been tarnished by how this has been handled. I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus as soon as its available to say the least

Journeyman

Just did update...

Seems snappier / faster mulit task & Sense UI lock/refresh spinning wheel seems gone(:

Yet to test battery life...

(But happy as is... After keeping Background Tasks off.... Get about 2days, depending on use. Mby I can leave Background Tasks on now? Will do some testing for sure... Battery life was bad in general. But, for me, Background task off is a Non issue... Actually less distraction. If I need to check something... Go into app & refresh. Worth extra battery to me...)

Good Luck All... Hope we All see an improvement. But ICS woulda been better!!

Mby that's Next?? & this is the first set of updates? I hope...

Journeyman

Re: 2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Azureus485 wrote:

Here's hoping this will resolve the UI issues for now, but HTC's name has definitely been tarnished by how this has been handled. I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus as soon as its available to say the least

Well, another blow to the CDMA carriers like Sprint. Seems i won't be getting a Nexus from them anytime soom. http://androidcommunity.com/google-ends-full-support-for-cdma-devices-including-verizons-galaxy-nexu...

Journeyman

Re: 2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Update went well but had a sync issue with Google Voice and it need a second reboot to be able to make/receive phone calls. Other than that it's too early to tell. Give me a few days to report back.  -Rod

Highlighted
Wizard

Unfortunately this update is not addressing the HTC sense reload, we're still working with HTC on that one.

Journeyman

when can we expect an update to the htc sense reload? we need an update or an offer to upgrade the phone.

Journeyman

I was just seaching for an update for this phone and I was happy to find this page. I just did the install and we'll see what happens with the battery life..My phone hasn't been too bad with battery issues like a lot of others have complained about, but I'd still like to see an improvement..sometimes I can go hours and the bar will stay 100% and than sometimes after 2 hrs it goes down a notch, which still isn't too bad because that is usually still around 80%.

Also concerning ICS..it's NOT coming to this phone according to my wife's cousin who is a manager at a Sprint store. I asked him about it and he said the update is too much for the phone, because it eats up all of the memory I guess. I'm hoping somehow it'll still arrive for the Shift but as of right now we are NOT getting ICS guys.

Journeyman

I'm having to keep a charger with me at all times as it runs out of juice constantly. I've deleted most of the apps that were always running but to no avail. To top that I'm having trouble connecting to both 3g and wireless networks. 3g in south Texas is about 1/2 a mb download speed on a good day. My coworkers laugh at me as they are on AT&T and T-mobile and run speed tests side by side and get 2-3mb speed. I don't know why I'm paying extra for "premium data".Hope this firmware helps. Still tells me no firmware is available on the 6th.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.