cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just seaching for an update for this phone and I was happy to find this page. I just did the install and we'll see what happens with the battery life..My phone hasn't been too bad with battery issues like a lot of others have complained about, but I'd still like to see an improvement..sometimes I can go hours and the bar will stay 100% and than sometimes after 2 hrs it goes down a notch, which still isn't too bad because that is usually still around 80%.

Also concerning ICS..it's NOT coming to this phone according to my wife's cousin who is a manager at a Sprint store. I asked him about it and he said the update is too much for the phone, because it eats up all of the memory I guess. I'm hoping somehow it'll still arrive for the Shift but as of right now we are NOT getting ICS guys.

Journeyman

I'm having to keep a charger with me at all times as it runs out of juice constantly. I've deleted most of the apps that were always running but to no avail. To top that I'm having trouble connecting to both 3g and wireless networks. 3g in south Texas is about 1/2 a mb download speed on a good day. My coworkers laugh at me as they are on AT&T and T-mobile and run speed tests side by side and get 2-3mb speed. I don't know why I'm paying extra for "premium data".Hope this firmware helps. Still tells me no firmware is available on the 6th.

Journeyman

Re: 2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

This update does not address any of the UI issues. My phone still had them. I finally went to a Sprint Store and had them give me a replacement Evo Shift. I'm still having the issue, plus the screen was all messed up, and gets dust underneath it. Bad quality control.

What are my options now? [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

After applying this software update, I'm now experiencing the following issues:

- When "Automatic" time is set, I do not get the correct time zone (Arizona) it's an hour off.

- When I set to manual time zone "Arizona" it displays as "Mountain" which is currently correct, but I hope this doesn't mess up once daylight savings kicks in!

- Keyboard is messed up. Random keys on the physical keyboard randomly do random things such as the "g" key taking me to the web browser no matter what app I'm typing in. I messed around and had to turn off "English" in the International Keyboard in Touch Input settings.... though a few hours later it re-enabled itself on the phone, but I now no longer have the random keyboard problems.

c'mon now folks! what gives? I do better bug testing at a state university!

Journeyman

Well this update sucks. My phone was fine but after the update here is a list of problems.

Won't dial numbers(have to reboot)

Won't stay connected to my Bluetooth device(Have tor reboot)

It locks up(have pull the battery and to reboot)

It drops calls(have to reboot)

Won't hold a charge for more that 4 hours. even if I am not doing anything with it.

Journeyman

Since applying the update, I have lost total control and usage of my phone. The phone freezes, drops all calls, and will not stay charged. Upon unlocking my phone, it will start radomly opening applications, making calls, and then freeze so I am unable to close the apps or disconnect from the call. The only choice I have is to take the battery out to end the call or get the phone to unfreeze.  I have deleted everything from the phone, reset it back to factory settings and I still have the same problems. The touchscreen is no longer an option and the only way to answer a call is to use a standarded headset, bluetooth does not respond. If a call is answered and the screen is left open, it will dail other numbers or open applications while I'm talking! The screen on my phone has been replaced several times. The people at the store was in awe and thought changing the screen would help, but it continues to shake, freeze and automatically click and open applications. This is very frustrating. I loved my phone prior to the update. Something has to be done. It's unfortunate that they don't do more extensive testing and review on affects of these updates before rolling them out.

I hate to waste money, but I think I am about to just pay the money for an IPhone 4S.

Journeyman

Did they stop pushing this update out???  I checked my phone and it still had the previous build on it thankfully based on the the observations of this thread...   I think I'll hold back...  my Shift is working just fine...  a year old now but used my free 1 year update ( last one) for my son to get his IPHONE...  I'll use his later this year for my update...  Probably to an LTE phone by then to await it being turned on in my markets.. my 4G in the 2 places I live works just fine and dandy..  I bought the buyback plan from BB last year which would allow me to actually get more back but I can wait another 6 months and get a little less but hopefully closer to LTE being turned on..

Journeyman

The update is still available.  I downloaded it last weekend and I haven't had the Sense reloading issue since.  I haven't tried all my apps yet, so there may still be a hidden rattlesnake, but for now it looks pretty good.  One change I noticed is that there has been an update to the Android Marketplace with a much glitzier look to it.  The two apps I use the most, Cardiotrainer and Poweramp, have worked fine.  I had to reinstall the widget for CT, but it's fine now.  All my other settings, alarms, calendars, etc seem to be intact.

Before the update, the phone would go through the Sense reload sequence nearly every time I returned to the home screen.  It did happen less often when I used a scene with only one active page, but why should I have to do that?  The update has really killed the "arrgh, I gotta get a different phone" feeling.  At least until the next super cool thing comes out!  ;^)

Journeyman

What I need to find out is if some of the problems reported in this thread are still there???  I use WIFI a lot... Works great at school campus out of network that has WIFI active...  I

Journeyman

Hi Doug,

There are a lot of problems reported, many of which I haven't experienced.  I can say that my WIFI works fine now as did it before the update.  I don't know about WIMax as we don't have reception in my area (hey Sprint, any chance of getting my $10 development fee back?) but I have found that reception is spotty even when you go somewhere that there is reception.

My freeze/reboot problem has been almost completely fixed although this update wasn't supposed to address that.  I say almost because I had one reboot yesterday and I was surprised to see it.  Nothing since then.

>>buggypilot:  Update went well but had a sync issue with Google Voice and it need a second reboot to be able to make/receive phone calls. Other than that it's too early to tell. Give me a few days to report back.  -Rod

Google Voice works fine on mine.

>>EricD454 battery runs down quickly.

My battery lasts through a day unless I'm listening to music or using a GPS app.  Then it sucks down fast!  But it always has, so that's nothing new.

>>Raymondrewalker  time issues, keyboard strangeness.

Don't know about the Arizona time issues, I'm on PST.  FWIW, I can't figure out what time it is in Arizona either!  My keyboard works normally.

>>RWFracing 

Well this update sucks. My phone was fine but after the update here is a list of problems.

Won't dial numbers(have to reboot)

Won't stay connected to my Bluetooth device(Have tor reboot)

It locks up(have pull the battery and to reboot)

It drops calls(have to reboot)

Won't hold a charge for more that 4 hours. even if I am not doing anything with it.

Well, my phone dials fine, bluetooth works fine with my car and Plantronics headset, no lockups, battery will last all day, as stated above.  But rwfracing might want to check the battery usage to see if there's an app that's going hog-a$$-wild.

For everyone mentioned, please understand that I'm not denying that you have problems with your phone, only that I don't share the same problems after the update.

So Doug, I guess what I have to say is that (trite though it may be) your mileage may vary.  Good luck with the update.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.