Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Wizard

2/2 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Security Update

- Updated Peep client ( to align with Twitter)

- Battery life improvements

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.77.651.3

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 2/2 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 2/7

- Refer to the HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Updates blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

36 REPLIES 36
Journeyman

From what I noticed about the update, it's mostly security and bug fixes from HTC in regards to their Sense software.

From what I researched and read, Android 2.3 wasn't developed to be used with a hardware keyboard (such as the Evo Shift 4G slide-out keyboard). The update fixes a few annoying things that many people (including myself) experienced with writing SMS messages. These two things are what I experienced that were fixed with the new update:

First, when I was writing an SMS message and typed a word that was underlined in red as "mis-spelled" and tried to insert a character in the middle of the word using the hardware keyboard, it would copy the entire word and paste it back at the end with the new character insertion (Example: if I wanted to type 'Apple' in an SMS and, instead, accidentally typed 'Aple' and wanted to insert the 'p' to fix the spelling, it would type 'ApleApple') - very annoying!!

Second, if you were writing an SMS that needed more than one line on the screen and then started holding down "DEL" key with the hardware keyboard, it would randomly jump out of the message box, ask you which SMS's you want to delete, and scroll your conversation all the way to the top making you have to manually scroll all the way back down. Again, really annoying before the fix.

This update fixed both of those problems, and I didn't have any issues after I downloaded and applied this update. I hope my reply helped someone out there. I'm sorry if I repeated any information already said. Good luck to those that are having problems.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat