Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Journeyman

Download appears to be taking quite a bit to upload to my phone, but I am also having the issue with the SD card becoming unmounted for no reason, may have to spend a couple hours at the sprint store to resolve...ugh

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys thank you for all the help the issues I am having are that when I hit messages and try to compose a new message to a contact it will not let me send a text message to that contact I am going to try what TFD6412 advised hopefully it works. When I Factory reset do I lose all my contacts as well? If so no big deal I have all my contacts saved within Google.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Yes it will wipe all data in phone, sd card contents should remain intact, and if your contacts are in gmail they will come right back after you sign in post reset.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated my EVO Shift 4G last night and it seems to be doing just fine so far! It has its pros and its cons but overall its great! I do have a couple issues that I need some help with:

-Why does my Sprint Footbal Live keep telling me that I have to be a Sprint customer in order to use it? Last time I checked... I was! (This was happening before I updated... if that makes a difference...)

-Why does my LED indicator alternately flash green and amber... then solid amber... then back to alternating when it's charging?

-When you go to clear out the cache in Manage Apps... Is it a good idea to clear data too? Or will that delete everything you have saved in that app?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Hello thebyrds1211, I'm glad the update went well for you. When you clear cache & data in an app from manage applications you will likely see data missing from that app, like sign in credentials, saved games, messages it will likely be taken back to it's initial state when the application was installed. your LED indicator may be trying to notify you of something. do you see anything in the notification bar at top? and for sprint football live are you able to use sprint navigation? have you tried to clear that app from manage applications? it may sound odd but you may need to update your profile because some carrier specific apps will read your phone number from the phone's settings instead of using the service ID number like voice and sms will.

Highlighted
Journeyman

-Ok well I guess that makes sense (about the data and cache)... Looks like I will be sticking to clearing  the cache!

-No that's the first thing I checked when it started flashing alternately... I thought maybe I had a message or email but there wasn't anything in the Notifications bar... I wasn't sure if it was something new with the update... but I haven't tried it again to see if it still did it...

-As for SFL... Yes my TeleNav GPS is working properly... Clear SFL in manage apps? No I haven't done that... Update my phone profile?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So finally downloaded. Key which I should have thought of, I needed to turn on 4G and step outside of my office in order for this to work. Also experienced the twitter issue, downloaded all the updates, still had the issue, went into the app, cleared the data, now no issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?  I've been using the swype beta on my shift since I got it in March.  About a week ago (just before the upgrade) I updated swype beta from 1.6 to 3.0 and absolutely LOVED it!  It was a million times better than 1.6.  Now with the update we have swype actually installed on the device and I can no longer upgrade to the 3.0 beta because it's being overwritten by the built in rom and I can't delete swype.

Is there a fix that doesn't install changing roms or am I SOL?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want to thank TFD6412 and everyobdy else who was trying to help me but I followed what TFD6412 advised and it worked perfectly thanks again.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

In system updates you will see update prl, update profile, Etc. you will find this in the settings menu. after updating the profile I would clear data/cache, and uninstall any updates for Sprint Football live, then power phone off/on before I try the SFL app again. if the problem persists I would suggest a factory reset. I can't say why the LED is going from alternating green/amber then to solid amber, is it still doing this? if so how strong of a charge do you have and are you charging with a/c adaptor, car lighter adaptor, or a computer/other?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Sprint/HTC intend on releasing a patch for this patch? From googling around it appears the non-Shift Evo may have had a secondary update to fix a lot of the same Gingerbread issues complained about here.

Just looking for a roadmap from Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much RC1024... I think I have everything fixed now... The charging ordeal stopped so maybe I was just missing something... I cleared the data and the cache in SFL and pulled the battery and restarted my phone and it seems to be working fine now...  :]

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat