Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Highlighted
Journeyman

TheByrds1211 wrote:

I updated my EVO Shift 4G last night and it seems to be doing just fine so far! It has its pros and its cons but overall its great! I do have a couple issues that I need some help with:

-Why does my Sprint Footbal Live keep telling me that I have to be a Sprint customer in order to use it? Last time I checked... I was! (This was happening before I updated... if that makes a difference...)

-Why does my LED indicator alternately flash green and amber... then solid amber... then back to alternating when it's charging?

-When you go to clear out the cache in Manage Apps... Is it a good idea to clear data too? Or will that delete everything you have saved in that app?

There are a few things that will only work over Sprint's 3G network for whatever reason, and I bet that's what's causing your issue with Sprint Football.  Try turning off WiFi and/or 4G, and then try the Sprint Football again.  I bet it will work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I applied the update yesterday. It's very good, except for two things: 1) Sometimes the HTC Sense weather app reads "no weather data available", which never happened before the update; 2) Picture messaging: I used to be able to take a picture while creating a message, and send it; not anymore. Minor annoyances, that's all.

My favorite part of the update is the restart button.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Hello mrodnielmanon, I want to first mention seeing no weather data available could be caused by a few things, lack of GPS or DATA connection (usually temporary) some suggestions I can make to decrease likelihood of seeing this would be to use your zip code instead of current position during location setup, and if you use a task killer, batterysavers, or security software see if exceptions may be added for HTC apps. and for the problem of picture messaging what path are you taking on the phone and not seeing an option to take a picture?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ever since the GB update, I'm having similar issues brought up in this thread, and it's royally annoying. I've tried clearing the Twitter data,syncing Facebook data, turning off the phone, taking the battery out, etc. I haven't done the factory reset yet, which I don't feel like I should have to, since I would have thought HTC/Sprint would have worked these issues out before releasing the update. Regardless of that, I don't want to have to go through the process of having to set up the phone all over again, downloading apps, etc.

At any rate, I get the HTC loading screen far more often after the update. Generally, it happens after I exit a program by either hitting the home button or pressing back. In fact, this just happened seconds after I restarted the phone, went into the phone settings, then hit the home button. Boom, white screen, green htc logo.

Secondly, my keyboard backlight and capacitive keys don't light up anymore. I've gone into a pitch dark room, slide the phone open, nothing. It randomly works sometimes after a reset, but not right now. And I'm not going to wait for it to randomly come back, because that's annoying. I also don't see a keyboard backlighting setting in the display options. I have the phone set to automatic brightness, but if I shut that off and turn it all the way, still not keyboard backlighting.

And battery life... can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels like it hasn't improved since the update, and if anything, it may have gotten worse. I can't quantify this, so I won't spend too much time about this.

I've also had issues of text messages not being received by my phone. Whether or not it's my phone not receiving them, or the sending phone not sending them properly, who knows. But I do know that that same phone sent texts to other phones with no problem.

I'm going to assume this is a software issue, and not a hardware issue, since this all started happening after the update. This phone was really nice for a couple of months until this update came out, which clearly didn't seem to be completely tested. Not to mention, I just had to pay $35 a few weeks to have the incall speaker replaced after it mysteriously blew out even though I rarely ever make phone calls.

What's the deal???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue...can't SMS or MMS certain people in my contacts. I can with some but not others...don't know why.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for this post.  I DID NOT delete my exchange account before the upgrade, and was unable to access my exchange email since. Sprint did not seem too concerned--they told me that I needed to go to a tech to have the old version of the software installed back on my phone.  When I made an appointment to do this, they looked at me like I was crazy--No old version existed.  Anyway, your post saved me.  I mentioned this post to the tech guy at the store. Because of that we made sure to delete my exchange account, then did a hard reset, and then entered the account back in AND IT WORKED!!! Thanks again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What does the android 2.3.3 update feature?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, yeah, it's very pretty.  But what did you do to the bulk delete option in email? 

Yesterday, I could look at my email, half of which is junk, press the MENU key, pick DELETE, then select emails for deletion or press the MENU key again and pick MARK ALL and delete all of my emails.  Now ... no more Delete option on the menu when I am looking at the list of emails.  No way to bulk delete.  For each individual piece of junk mail, I have to either open email or press it for 2 seconds to get a delete option.

Am I missing something?  Or was this piece of the upgrade coded by somebody who doesn't actually use email?  Because nobody who actually uses email could possibly think this is a good idea. 

Is there a patch coming?  Am I missing something?  And if not, is there a way to downgrade this?  Because I use email far too much to put up with the inability to delete junk mail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OIC... they moved the checkmark to the left side of the screen (instead of the right side, where it used to be), and the checkmark is damn near invisible until you actually check it.  Once you check things, in addition to deleting them, you can move them to a folder or mark them as unread.

OK... I guess I don't need to try to downgrade this thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still haven't gotten the update. My phone does not even tell me its current (and on checking the soft ware version it is not current) butcontinues to say CHECKING and frequently goes to a black screen that is not the sleep screen. I need to know how to update this forsaken phone.

ELLE

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello LENOXPEMS, some things that you can do to complete update first make sure the web is working right now, if you have any task killers, app managers, or security software remove those, if you haven't already done so try removing the battery momentarily. if all else fails consider completing a factory reset and/or going into a sprint service center.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade came pretty much without me even realizing it... had the Twitter issue others had noted, and thank you very much to all of you who suggested clearing the data. Done, and fixed.

Now... please, is there a way to turn OFF the auto-correct on the text messaging?  Gawd, I am HATING that!!!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat