ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Journeyman

I applied the update and now I'm stuck on a black screen with an Android and a white triangle with a yellow exclamation point in the center. Is this normal for updates?

Journeyman

Yea the phone with the exclamation point is normal but it didn't take long for the phone to come back on...not mine anyway.

Journeyman

Just updated my HTC Evo Shift to 2.3 and everything went very smooth in terms of the upgrade.  I downloaded over WiFi and the whole process completed in less than 20 mins.  I did experience the issue with Twitter crashing.  I performed a Forced Stop the Twitter app, cleared the data/cache, and then restarted.  Everything is working fine now with Twitter. 

I really like the updated Notifications bar.  I also linked my Facebook contacts with Exchange contacts and pulled all of that data together nicely.  Lots of little user friendly improvements throughout. 

Journeyman

Mine has been there for about 5 or 10 minutes. I'm rooted so I think I'm going to flash the stock ROM then try again.

Journeyman

Yea, I guess ill have to do that with my Twitter app too

Journeyman

okay I tried clearing the data for my Twitter app & it works now... Thanks!! You're a lifesaver!! :))

Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

I just updated mine and it runs PERFECT,but what i was wondering,is since the update is done,if it safe to delete the update out of downloads,because its 250 mb!!

Journeyman

So far so good! I was wondering if this was OK too. Update seemed to work just fine. Less than 20min from start to finish once it downloaded.

Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Well...I got the update and had the issue with the Twitter app, but other than that everything seemed to be working great.  Now, about 5 hours later, I noticed that my phone was completely dead.  Tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on.  Thought maybe some process had gone wacky and drained the battery really quick, so I plugged it into the charger.  The LED light that indicates the phone is charging doesn't even light up at all.  Removed the battery and put it back in, and still nothing.  ACK!

UPDATE:  Apparently my battery went kaput.  I have 2 batteries for it, and when I got home I put the other battery in and it seems OK now.

Journeyman

Why are recent apps now on the notification bar? Those aren't noticifications and are just taking up space. There are 7 screens for shortcuts. Can the recent apps be removed from the notification screens? That should be a preference. I will say that the quick settings tab is a handy addition.

Journeyman

Is it ok to delete the update file that i think is waisting 250mb?

Journeyman

If you're having issues with your upgrade where you see the screen with the /!\ triangle and the android next to it, and you're one of those evil Linux hacker rooters 😉 who installed ClockworkMod Recovery or any other recovery image, you'll need to revert back to a stock recovery image before upgrading.  Details not for the faint of heart (of course, you're not faint of heart if you rooted your phone, you naughty, naughty person) here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1004907&posted=1#post1004907

Also yeah... I wish I could turn off that Quick Settings tab and the row of recently used apps in the notification windowshade too. I use Go Launcher (it has a nice thing for running apps) and Widgetsoid (customizable power control widget on steroids).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat