cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue, accept it is my ENTIRE contact list. I called in; she had me reset and pushed a profile update, but that did not fix it...I LIVE through text, so if you find a solution, please share.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Loving my Evo Shift 4g 2.3.3 even more 😃 although my (People-Contacts)  The images that are link/ed too their respective Facebook/Twitter  Profiles the images are bigger & blurry em im not digging at all....  and not sure how too fix that??

Highlighted
Journeyman

believe me man, ive been trying everything to get the texts to go through and have yet to find anything! hopefully here within the next few days they will roll out with some patches to fix all this!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if the update breaks ActiveSync?

I've heard some people complain about it and I just want to confirm before I upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a reason why you have to be un-rooted first to apply this update ? Secondly , what happens when Sprint notices that a handset did not get updated?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I started downloading the system update, but I noticed it was downloading via 3G, so I wanted to stop and use WIFI. So I stopped it and now when I go to check it the phone says my system is up to date. I might as well have just waited. SO LAME! What can I do to force the update? I've kept checking for 15 times in a row and it keeps saying it's up to date, I've even restarted the phone. Help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I were you , I would root the phone and install an Official 2.3.3 GB ROM ( with root access only , completely STOCK ) Update from Recovery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here.. It says my phone is up to date...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I attempted this on my wife's Shift and if you keep touching "Check Now" you will eventually be prompted to turn on Wi-Fi to install update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

DJTooHypE wrote:

Loving my Evo Shift 4g 2.3.3 even more 😃 although my (People-Contacts)  The images that are link/ed too their respective Facebook/Twitter  Profiles the images are bigger & blurry em im not digging at all....  and not sure how too fix that??

I noticed this too on the incoming call screen.  Seems all of the photo's HTC Sense is downloading from Google, Facebook, and Twitter are low res.  I was able to point a contact to a local Gallery photo and that really enhanced the picture on the incoming call screen.  Hopefully we are not the only one's who have noticed this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iv been doing that.. restarted phone, took out batter and restarted...tried wifi, 4g, 3g, and it still says up to date...this is driving me nuts.. went and looked at software and it says its still 2.2 not gingerbread.. anyone know of anything else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Is the phone rooted ? If it is , that would be why it is not installing . On another note , Sprint willl notify all of their Evo Shift owners of the update tomorrow and perform it OTA

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat