cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope, not rooted. All factory. I even did a factory reset and it still says there is no update ..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im also having the same issue, its going on 30 mins of checking for update an still response is " your phone is up to date " there are no avalible updates for your phone "

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible they pulled the update due to issues people were having?  If so, that could be why it's saying that the phones are up to date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was thinking the same thing, though the issues weren't severe. but its possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still, if they possibly pulled the update due to the issues people were having, they could've at least let us know instead of letting us (the one's who can't seem to update) look stupid & get frustrated. I've been trying to update my phone for the past 12hrs & I will be honest, there have been moments where I've wanted to throw (and nearly have thrown) my phone into oncoming traffic.

Highlighted
Wizard

Not able to set custom notificatoin tones after the update!!! Doesn't work through Zedge or any others and not optoin in settings. This needs fixed as the default tones are crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone who is having the "phone is already up to date" problem when manually checking for the update... I was having the same issue. I called sprint and the woman I talked to was pretty much useless and told me to just wait for the OTA. Here's what to do: take out your battery and sd card for about a minute, then put them back in and reboot and check for the update again. My Shift is downloading the update as I type.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

I just tried the battery/SD card pull and checked for the update for umpteenth time, still to no avail. Forget it. Enjoy your Gingerbread, folks; I'm sticking with Froyo. Sprint can rip the Evo Shift from my cold, dead hands and upgrade the OS themselves.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried the pull also, still didnt work for me. wonder what the heck it is, we know its not pulled. my phone isnt rooted at all. ive tried 4g 3g wifi also, updated profile, prl, reset phone multiple times i have no clue. maybe its only in select areas only??

EDIT: just checked it one last time, turned away from my phone came back an bam there it was asking me how id like to download it. so downloading now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

idk man from all these posts it seems like sticking to the os i now seems better. . . .but should iupdate?

Highlighted
Journeyman

frankrenzulli wrote:

Everyone who is having the "phone is already up to date" problem when manually checking for the update... I was having the same issue. I called sprint and the woman I talked to was pretty much useless and told me to just wait for the OTA. Here's what to do: take out your battery and sd card for about a minute, then put them back in and reboot and check for the update again. My Shift is downloading the update as I type.

So, I powered my phone down, took both the battery & SD card out BUT  instead of allowing it to sit like that for about a minute...I kept it  that way for nearly 10 mins. Once I put it back together & powered  it on, I checked for the update. I'm downloading it now via WiFi. I  honestly don't know why that worked because nothing really changed since  I do this about once a week anyway. But I suggest everyone try it &  see what happens. It MIGHT work or it might just have been a fluke for  me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

One application lock up after another today with my EVO Shift on 2.3.3.  After a good start with the new OS it's slowly going downhill.  Pandora, Amazon MP3 player both locking up.  Tried Shutting down and pulling battery.  This is just unacceptable.  I should not have to reset my phone to factory default after an upgrade, but I know that's probably where I will end up.  Anyone complaining that they can't upgrade is not missing much. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat