Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello TFD6412, I have not spoken to anybody having trouble with SMS since the update, do you use a market app for SMS? what path are you taking to compose a new sms and what happens when you try?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi JAECKEL2008, Yes EAS is working over SSL, if you hare having trouble then check with server admin to see if they require the use of a custom certificate, and to confirm expected settings.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I read yesterday that S[rint is prompting cu OTA in WAVES so I am not sure when you would be notified

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't put it past Sprint to pull an update ; they always have poor software . I think Sprint should drop HTC Sense and go AOSP - then no one would any issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Totally agree ; I have come to the conclusion that Sprint's version of Gingerbread 2.3.3 instead of AOSP GB 2.3.4 is experiencing memory leaks; how surprising. I would not doubt that is due to Sense 2.1 using a good portion of RAM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like Dalvik-Cache needs to be cleaned . Try Link2SD from Market to install apps to SD and install a  cache cleaner to clear Dalvik

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Sprint would not load all their Bloatware into the OS , it would run smooth as butter

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like Sprint has Memory Leaks in their release ; I have 0 issues on Gingerbread AOSP 2.3.4. Then again that could be due to not having ANYTHING in the OS aside from what it needs to run

Highlighted
Journeyman

No issues here , try GO SMS PRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

If a re-install of Gingerbread does not work , try "fastboot erase system -w" from BootLoader

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would also suggest to root the device and install an AOSP ROM - they have no issues whatsoever - no HTC or Sprint "tweaks" in the OS - just Google's way that Gingerbread SHOULD be

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

So I just got the 2.3 update, and it seems everything is working fine.  Even Twitter.  But for some reason It seems like "swype" is a no go on my phone.  Uyyyyy

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat