cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Twitter for me after the upgrade and no keyboard backlight.  This is the improvement?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello MIKESHIFT225, from menu>setting do you see swype listed in the keyboard settings?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi JAZZYONE13, have you tried clearing cache & data for twitter from settings>applications>manage applications? have you looked in your display settings for the keyboard backlight timing?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad to say my phone does not lag anymore. Thought maybe a network-initiated OTASP applied fixes but my software version remains the same. Also this morning I synced all my facebook contacts to facebook for HTC sense (was holding back on that this whole time)... maybe that was holding back my system. So if anyone sees the "Loading..." screen all the time, try syncing your FB contacts.

MIKESHIFT225, also try long pressing the textbox where you enter text to compose a message. Upon releasing, you should see an "Input method" soft key pop-up. Touch that then select Swype.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanx.  I got it now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i recently updated to gingerbread and my htc sense keeps force closing whenever i hit home. i see the white screen with 'htc' in green. i've been searching the internet trying to find a fix and that isnt working to well, any suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I posted similar symptoms a few posts back. Do you use facebook and have not synced your facebook contacts to Facebook for HTC Sense yet? My problem went away probably because I did that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently updated my htc evo shift and I am having problems composing new messages. I can continue with old conversations but cannot compose new ones please explain,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cleared Twitter, synched facebook contacts and everything is working perfectly well now. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/16 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (2.75.651.4)

My Stats after upgrade. Everthing seems to be working well and the enhancements are great.

Andriod Version  2.3.3

HTC Sense version 2.1

Software number 2.76.651.4 (that's what it says on my Evo Shift)

PRI Version 1.52_003

PRL Version 01117

Swype works well. Love the new "power saver mode"

Now I only need Netflix on the Evo Shift so I can stop carrying my itouch-when I travel.  My son has the Evo and brags about having Netflix on it!

update: The backlighted keyboard is not lit in bright light, but lights up when the overhead lighting is not sufficent. Probably saves a lot of battery power.  Also the powersaver mode is great when the battery charge is getting low.

Highlighted
Journeyman

PIZARROC1:

I had the exact same issue and a Factory Reset worked for me.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO Shift 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it

2. Hold the Volume Down button

3. Press and release the Power button

4. You are now presented with a menu.

5. Select Factory Reset by pressing the Volume Down button

6. Press and release the Power Button

You will need to reinstall any apps and settings.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello PIZARROC1, which path on the phone are you taking to try to compose a new message, which type of message is it, and what do you see when you notice a problem?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat