Master

8/29 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update 2.77.651.8

HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update - 2.77.651.8

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Minor UI Change. Embedded phone numbers now take user directly to Dial pad

Rate your HTC EVO Shift 4G

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.77.651.8

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 2/2 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 2/7
- Refer to the HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Updates blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: 8/29 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update 2.77.651.8

...really?

6 months of nothing for a "fix" for something that wasn't even really "broken"?

No offense, but I'm off of Sprint once my 2yr contract is up in November.

This device, it's issues, and dismal display of product support is half the reaason. The lack of any 4G in our area after 2 years of being promised is the other half.

Journeyman

So you are leaving Sprint because of the device you have? Sure software is buggy but i would bring it into a Sprint repair center to have it looked at. Also Sprint is working on 4G LTE as we speak and will be alot more faster and reliable when its released, they are rapidly deploying 4G roll outs each week. Everyone that has Sprint service will recieve 4G coverage.

Journeyman

I notice that since this update I cannot clear my Internet defaults. When I load the Manage Applicatlons dialog and then choose Internet and hit the Clear Defaults button, it clears fine. But when I reload that dialog, it's not cleared anymore. Is anyone else seeing this?

Journeyman

does THIS update FINALLY address the SenseUI reloading issues?

This problem has been solved by the xda devs for over a year now - yet no fix from HTC? What the heck.

Journeyman

If this isn't fixed still - I will never buy another HTC device in my life. Worst device support ever. I would've been better off keeping my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat