Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/3 - HTC EVO Shift Software Update - 2.75.651.5

Highlighted
Wizard

8/3 - HTC EVO Shift Software Update - 2.75.651.5

HTC EVO Shift Software Update - 2.75.651.5

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Intermittent failure to send messages (MMS/SMS)

Important Notes:

The new software version is: 2.75.651.5

Access the HTC EVO Shift Software Update blog for install instructions 

16 REPLIES 16
Wizard

8/3 - HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release - 2.75.651.5

My newly acquired Shift currently has software version 2.76.651.4, installed OTA from Sprint a few days ago (and this version number does not appear in the HTC EVO Shift Maintenance Release blog ) Considering the version numbers, is the new version 2.75.651.5 an update, or an older version?

Journeyman

I'm guessing you have a typo in both this post and the Blog then?  I just received 2.76.651.5 OTA.  Also, is MMS/SMS the only fix?  Because after updating, it seems the Sense reloading issue has not happened and I've tried loading up a lot of apps like Angry Birds and stuff.  Seems Sense might be stable after this update, was it fixed too???

Wizard

Hey all,

Yes, the actual version is 2.76.651.5, the original post is just a typo.

Journeyman

Odd I did a update on mine and I received a message saying no updates available.

Wizard

HRTOFDRK,

Did you select the Firmware update or the HTC software update under system updates? If you did select HTC software update, I would suggest trying it continuously throughout the day, I do know that in the past we've had issues with some customers reporting to have to request it multiple times before it actually came in. However if that fails I do know it will be network initiated beginning 8/8.

Journeyman

This update does not seem to fix the HTC "white screen" problem. One thing that consistently causes it for me is updating any application, but seemingly only because of the notification. Notifications are a fairly repeatable way for that to happen.

-Stooxie

Journeyman

Thank you and I did not have any problems with my update But I am glad you mentioned a network update on 8/8th

Thanks again.

Journeyman

Hopefully there is a bug fix for the splash screen coming soon. It's good to see htc has not forgotten about us poor es4g owners.

Journeyman

does anyone know if this will fix the issues with activesync security?  I haven't been able to access my corporate email on the phone's native software since I last updated on June 30th to 2.3.  I've had to use the Touchdown ap since then (which seems to work just fine) but it's not the same.  

Journeyman

Applied the update, now I'm getting notifications of "new" text messages that I've already read....anyone one else experiencing this? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Journeyman

Since upgrading to this version I have had numerous problems:

1. "Loading" screen that everyone else has had.

2. Google Apps email no longer syncs automatically with the HTC Mail app.  Works fine in Gmail.  Account has been removed/re-added, settings are correct.

3. Intermittently refuses to charge on a car charger.  The amber light illuminates, but the software does not show "charging."  The battery runs down.  Resetting the phone fixes this problem.

Two weeks ago I loved this phone. Lately I am getting incredibly frustrated.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat