cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts- phone & Google

Journeyman

Contacts- phone & Google

As I add contacts, I no longer have the choice of phone or Google. Does anyone know how to:

1. Copy the phone contacts to Google contacts (merge)

2. Bring the option back

TIA,

Steve

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Contacts- phone & Google

So to better understand this. You are saying when you add a contact on your device, under the contact type it doesnt give you the option to choose google or phone? Do you have a Gmail account set up on your phone?

Ray

We tested this on a demo phone and you need to make sure you add a Gmail account either by going to wireless and sync and add account or through the Gmail application on the phone, then it will give you the option to save to google or phone.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I have a gmail account setup. I'd like to move my "phone contacts" to my gmail contacts....that way I have a complete backup of conatcts.

Steve

Journeyman

Unable to do so....

Hmmmm? Could you please private message me and from there I will reply back with more information from you.

Thanks,

Ray

Wizard

To change "Phone" type contacts to "Google" type contacts:

Once you get the phone properly set up to sync to your gmail account, first, for possible recovery, back up all the contacts on your phone (you can use MyBackupPro or a similar app).  On the phone, go to People, then Menu>ImportExport>Export to SD card>Phone.  It will create a vCard file.  Connect your phone to a computer and mount your SD card.  On the computer, go to gmail and in Contacts, click Import contacts, then choose your vCard file from the mounted SD card.  It should post those contacts to your gmail contacts and automatically sync them to google-type contacts on the phone.  Verify that this successfully updated, then on the phone, in People, Menu>View, make sure Phone is checked and Google is not checked; then delete all the contacts you can see.  Then back to Menu>View, check Google to display those contacts, and you are done!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat