cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

THIS PHONE SUCKS WHEN IT COMES TO TEXTING. THE WHOLE REASON I GOT THIS PHONE WAS TO HAVE A KEYBOARD AND IT DONT WORK RIGHT. I HAVE HAD IT REPLACED 2 TIMES AND THE SAME ISSUES HAPPEN STILL. WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A TXT IT SHIFTS TO THE TOP OF THE MESSAGE AND I HAVE TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN OR BACK UP AND THEN RENTER THE TXT AGAIN. IT ALSO DOSE IT WHEN MY LIMIT PER TXT PAGE HAS BEEN REACHED AND WHEN I RECEVIE A TXT. I ALSO GET SMS ERROR CODE AND IT SAYS RADIO INTERFERANCE AND IT KICKS ME OUT OF TXT. ALL IM SAYING IS THANK YOU SPRINT FOR ROBBING ME AND BEING THE WORSE PHONE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD!!!! ID PERFER CINGULAR AT THIS MOMENT!

7 REPLIES 7
Master

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

Have you tried using one of the Market message programs like Handcent or ChompSMS? I understand most people use more keyboard than talk so this issue is magnified daily.  Let me know if one of them works so we can advise other users.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?  My wife hasn't been able to text some of her contacts for some time now. 

Master

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

What sort of problem is she having while texting  is she getting an error message of any sort?   The above issue has to do with keyboard problems  is she having a similar issue

Wizard

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

Make sure the device is updated with the most current software version.  It should be version 2.76.651.5. 

You can find more info on this software update here.

Journeyman

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

This is a bug in HTC's software. I've submitted it to them and made the case a couple times, and each time they close it as Not Reproducible. This isn't Sprint's fault, so posting here won't make it better.

My HTC Support Ticket Number:

11USCW28ENA001461

All I can recommend is locking down as tightly as you can how to reproduce it, and submitting it, or if you don't have time, just submit the bug anyway.

You can submit a bug to HTC here:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/e-mail

You'll need the Serial Number underneath your phone's battery to complete the form. If enough people submit the same bug perhaps they'll finally cave and acknowledge their QA department is too lazy to find a bug thousands of angry users are finding just fine.

Journeyman

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

So does this mean I have to take a video of my phone refusing to work? That's easy.

Journeyman

EVO SHIFT TEXTING ISSUES

I am having the same issues on the phone numbers with my Samsung Galaxy S???

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat