cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo Shift 4G problem-Screen issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love my evo shift, however here is my problem.  The power button normally turns the screen on, where I can then get into my phone.  Increasingly however, when I push the power button, the buttons illuminate, but the screen does not turn on.  Im not sure if its being really slow, if its stuck, or if this is a hardware issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any fixes out there?

Help!

I feel like I paid enough for this not to be a problem...

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Sorry that you are having a problem.  Personally I have not heard of this problem.   How do you get the screen to  turn on if the power button does not do it?   You may want to pull the battery and see if that clears up the problem.   Does this happen every time you hit the power button or just some time?   How long has this problem be going on?

Journeyman

The power button illuminates the home/menu/back/search buttons, but nothing on the display.  I have tried the battery method, it clears it up 1/10 times.  So far smacking the phone has been the most reliable method of bringing back my display...

Wizard

Sounds like a loose wire to the screen. Do you have insurance on your phone? Take it to a repair center and they should be able to open it up and fix the wire seating.

Journeyman

this exact thing is happening to my phone, and when the screen goes back to working, its really slow and freezes for a couple of seconds

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat